Danny Brough

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
num lock

Danny Brough

Post by num lock »

Has got to be the first name on any recruitment list.
Not only does he have a terrific all-round game , but most importantly,he has the right attitude,he is a fighter who channels his aggression into his game.
We have had Faz and Terry Newton in the recent past who had the same drive and ambition as Brough,who do we have at the moment?.........the only player who comes close is Gaz Hock,and unless he starts to show some maturity and channels HIS aggression in the right way he will only ever be a player with potential.

I can't think of another player at the club who has the qualities that Danny Brough has,and unfortunately it's just these qualities that we have been lacking for too long.

We need a creative number 6 , and we need a leader , and we get all that in one player with Danny Brough.

Sorry if all this has already been said, but I just find it difficult to access a lot of the posts.
josie andrews

Re: Danny Brough

Post by josie andrews »

This should be on General Rugby League, as Danny Brough is not a Wigan player.

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
num lock

Post by num lock »

no he's not..... how many Wigan players did you see yesterday?

none?
num lock

Post by num lock »

no he's not..... how many Wigan players did you see yesterday?

none?
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

I agree, he would be my number 1 choice. Id release any wigan player to get him at the club.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

num lock wrote:no he's not..... how many Wigan players did you see yesterday?

none?
Perhaps not, but it still should NOT be on this forum
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

I agree iv watched Danny over the last few years & he has developed into a good leader, who gives his all right to the end & doesnt like to lose. Mind you he is in the Scotland Squad going to the world cup in Oz.

I for one would luv to see him pull on a Wigan Shirt and play with pride & help us get back to winning again. I also think calderwood needs to be playing as we all know he is a good player.

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

trotski_tgwu wrote:I agree iv watched Danny over the last few years & he has developed into a good leader, who gives his all right to the end & doesnt like to lose. Mind you he is in the Scotland Squad going to the world cup in Oz.

I for one would luv to see him pull on a Wigan Shirt and play with pride & help us get back to winning again. I also think calderwood needs to be playing as we all know he is a good player.
Hiya Trotski

Yes Danny Brough is a very good player and plays for the 80 minutes. He was staying in the same hotel and congratulated him on a fine game.
John Kear certainly knows how to bring the best out of this lad, Hull FC v Leeds CC final and again he brought him to Wakefield as soon as he became available after helping Cas back into SL. Hope he plays just as well for Scotland and they have a good World Cup.

PS very upset and disappointed after this weekend. :(
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

josie andrews wrote:
trotski_tgwu wrote:I agree iv watched Danny over the last few years & he has developed into a good leader, who gives his all right to the end & doesnt like to lose. Mind you he is in the Scotland Squad going to the world cup in Oz.

Hiya Trotski

Yes Danny Brough is a very good player and plays for the 80 minutes. He was staying in the same hotel and congratulated him on a fine game.
John Kear certainly knows how to bring the best out of this lad, Hull FC v Leeds CC final and again he brought him to Wakefield as soon as he became available after helping Cas back into SL. Hope he plays just as well for Scotland and they have a good World Cup.

I feel the same got home from a fishing trip in time to see both games on sunday Gutted at how bad wigan were. Afte the second try i thought ow no here we go again. Had thought about 78 points for that game then changed my mind as didnt think we would be as bad, how wrong was i

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

trotski_tgwu wrote:
josie andrews wrote:

Hiya Trotski

I feel the same got home from a fishing trip in time to see both games on sunday Gutted at how bad wigan were. Afte the second try i thought ow no here we go again. Had thought about 78 points for that game then changed my mind as didnt think we would be as bad, how wrong was i
At half time when Long kicked the drop goal, I said they were aiming for 70. And if they hadn't taken him and Cunningham off with 20 mins or so to go they would have. First time I have come off before the end of the game :(