Stuart Fielden

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Stuart Fielden

Post by josie andrews »

Being named as captain these days is just that, a title, same as Nathan said, you don't have to be captain to act like a captain
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
stegy

Post by stegy »

Yeah i have to agree let's move Fielden to second row that should do the trick but in the west stand i don't want him sat in the south stand anywhere near us loyal passionate fans who give thier all week in week out. Thats not to say anyone in the west stand aren't passionate.
thomo

Post by thomo »

We are stuck with fielden for another 18 months - no one else will have him and the club gave him a huge long term contract so can't blame the lad for taking it.
If any of us were offered a 50% payrise to leave for a rival company would we take it - I know I would
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

simmy1 wrote:Just got back from Cardiff now. Ian Lenegan and his wife came out to speak to the fans. We were talking to them and Steveo in Old Orleans bar in the city centre. Full credit to Lenegan, for doing that. The Lenagans took the full brunt of the fans last night and shared all of our views. He was as gutted as we were. He was saying that Stuart Fielden does not want to play for Wigan. If that’s the case find a club who will take him. Mrs Lenegan was also commenting on lack of team spirit. She was saying that the players lack any camaraderie like they did at Quins. Also Steveo was saying his contacts down under have told him that the Darren Lockyer deal to replace Barrett at the end of the season is a done deal.

hi sorry if this is on wrong forum but found this on bbc/sport rugbyleague forum pages
suerly if this is the case then nobby should drop him or get his contract paid up and send him on his way
Very interesting post for lots of reasons.

First off while I am not questioning what you say I am a bit surprised the Lenagen's were that open about Fielden.

I can only assume if that is the case the situation must have been discussed by IL, JL and Nobby.

If so why is Fielden still in the side at all? I can only assume Nobby feels he has no choice and going with Prescott and O'Carroll alongside Coley and Feka is not workable.

I have to say I think it is. Simply because O'Carroll did really well deputising for Prescott and Coley clearly does want to play for us. He may not be the best prop in the SL but he has the right frame of mind.

I'll take what Stevo said with a pinch of salt. I take it no one said to IL "Stevo says Lockyer is a done deal.."

Dave
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

I dont understand why people think that he should be moved to 2nd row.
Will he hit the ball at pace because he has number 11 or 12 on his back, or he is in the 2nd row of the scrum.
Will he start bullying his opposition, running with aggression and running it in hard because he is 2nd row.

There is no real difference in 2nd row and prop. Not enough of a difference that he will become a good player.

People are just looking for excuses because they think that he is going to regain his form.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Big Willie destroyed the Myth and took his manhood, stick a fork in Stuart he is done :exc:
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

That knockout punch was the end of stu.

No more line breaks, no more hatricks for GB, no more punishing runs taking 4 players to take him down.

Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

Edit by DaveO: Sorry you can't post that. It's libellous.
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

South Sydney had not won a game all season. Their coached dropped 4 first team players who had breached club rules and sacked another as captain. The next game they won.

If you screw up in Aus you get dumped into lower leagues and they get on without you.

Maybe we should do likewise.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

nathan_rugby wrote:
At my amatuer level i encouraged, performed etc when i wasnt captain and i did exactly the same when i was captain. I play and try to act like one wether i am one or not.
I know someone, who's son plays for the Wigan and Leigh service area, the "captain" of the team is fathered by an ex-player (apparently not a very good one either :wink: ). He has told his son, that if he doesn't score a try or win MoM, then he will not be signed by any pro clubs or make a name for himself in SL!

The "captain" in question, cost his side victory in his attempts at glory - refusing to pass on many try scoring options, attempting to score the try himself and spending over an hour in the dressing room in tears after defeat in the final. The MoM did come from the losing side btw, but it was not this "captain".

Sometimes too much emphasis can be placed on captaincy! and it too can have its negative effects.

As for Fielden, I said at season start, that he should "walk the walk" not "talk the talk". IF he does want to leave, the club should not stand in his way (and I have previously heard this rumour too). Mind you, his stats are not too bad, and he wasn't the one missing his one-on-one, important tackles that cost Wigan trys on Sunday.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!