To Hell with Stability

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: To Hell with Stability

Post by DaveO »

nathan_rugby wrote:People are stating that hansen isnt playing well etc and should be got rid of.
Why get rid of the teams best tackler when defence is our main problem ?

People are also saying that lockers plays well when there are good players around him. Saying things like if the forwards dont make the yards then we cant expect him to play well.

Isnt he a forward himself ? Shouldnt he be taking some runs and making some of the yards. Look at burgess. A loose forward and is top on the meters made list.
Exactly. Enough of the excuses for Lockers (and Fielden). They are part of the problem not victims of it.

Dave
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

DaveO wrote:
nathan_rugby wrote:People are stating that hansen isnt playing well etc and should be got rid of.
Why get rid of the teams best tackler when defence is our main problem ?

People are also saying that lockers plays well when there are good players around him. Saying things like if the forwards dont make the yards then we cant expect him to play well.

Isnt he a forward himself ? Shouldnt he be taking some runs and making some of the yards. Look at burgess. A loose forward and is top on the meters made list.
Exactly. Enough of the excuses for Lockers. They are part of the problem not victims of it.

Dave
Something i have been saying for a long time, looks like a lot of others are now thinking the same :exc:
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

I have always said the same with lockers. Even if lockers would go to 2nd row, whats saying he would take drives in ?
At the moment our team is all over the place. The centres and wingers take more ball up the middle. Lockers moving to 2nd row, he probably wouldnt take the ball up, like he doesnt at loose.

At one point i just thought fielden would be getting his form back but its totally out of the question.

Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
dannydutson

Post by dannydutson »

i wouldnt get rid of hansen, his tackling is exceptional and he is one of the best line runners in super league. He is definiteley the best runner at wigan
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Him and Hock run good lines.

With hock coming back and prescott getting his average of 9 meters + a drive we might just get some fire power.
Prescott, higham, fielden
hansen, hock
lockers

Comon it doesnt look to bad and with hock and prescott being included its a big addition.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
pedro

Post by pedro »

Coley for Prop also...he is no second rower. We looked better (not difficult) when he went back to prop