Whitehaven?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
MrDave

Re: Whitehaven?

Post by MrDave »

chester wrote:
MrDave wrote:If the Saints fans where laughing at Wigan enough already, now they can laugh at the fickle Wigan fans boycotting games because things aren't going there way :conf:
LOL, yep, thats me, fickle, travel from Cumbria to Wigan for every "home" game, go to 99% of away games, Cardiff was a drop in the ocean cos I'm a multi billionaire, going to perpignan in June. yes, you're right, I am fickle, I should continue with 3 hr round trip travel to home games to watch folk that can't be bothered to put in effort. I see your point ! The Saints fans laughing at poor cup attendances should be the MAIN thing to make me change my plans ! ha ha
Not my fault you have the displeasure of living in Cumbria. I never said you had to attend every game, not many people can attend every game through; travel, work, expense etc but the idea of boycotting games because the team isn't winning is very fickle.

If you want to watch a team who win every week go watch the Harlem globetrotters, losing is apart of rugby.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Now I've calmed down, as I said its only a game (okay it was against them over the hill) but its done and over with. Lets get back to supporting the team they know how bad we feel, but it will not make them any better to keep going on about it there's always another time.

What was that song all the fans kept singing when they nilled us big time in the CC 2 years ago -
"ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE". :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
pedro

Post by pedro »

Ancient and loyal applies to the team also...hwere is their loyalty towards us...please dont tell me turning up on the pitch is loyalty!

OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

we as proud Wiganners let our feelings run away with us from time to time especially after the MM debacle so i will aslo not be turning up to watch the Whitehaven game. My heart is not in it after that slaughtering

If he put the full under 21s out i would change my mind at least those lads know what playing for Wigan means and the pride in the fact that they are wearing the shirt

Ok you may say

i am not a true supporter reacting this way

well i say as a true supporter for more than 40 years i had my heart ripped out at MM and beleive you me it HURTS MORE TAHN YOU KNOW
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

walshiered

Post by walshiered »

Both my husband and I will not be going to either game as we will be on holiday, but we would not have gone to the Whitehaven game anyway, not just because of the performance on Sunday, but we seem to have become second class at the JJB,having to move home games in order to relay the pitch is bad enough, but now being told when we can or in this place cannot play our matches is giving latics supporters all the ammunition they need to tell us that the JJB is firstly a soccer stadium and we are ther on sufferance.
Anyway rant over. :exc:
Nine

Post by Nine »

I'll be there. I'm a Wigan supporter. To me, that means supporting the team and encouraging them when they're struggling even more in some ways than when they're doing well. I'm not knocking anyone else - I understand the deep hurt and maybe it's too painful for them right now.
Squad number 18!
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Nine wrote:I'll be there. I'm a Wigan supporter. To me, that means supporting the team and encouraging them when they're struggling even more in some ways than when they're doing well. I'm not knocking anyone else - I understand the deep hurt and maybe it's too painful for them right now.
There is a difference between struggling and not being bothered to put in an effort. When the team were trying their best and fighting relegation the fans got behind the team.

It's when the players look like it doesn't bother them when they have been completely out-classed by our most hated rivals that it hurts fans. [/b]
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
chester

Post by chester »

MrDave wrote:
chester wrote:
MrDave wrote:If the Saints fans where laughing at Wigan enough already, now they can laugh at the fickle Wigan fans boycotting games because things aren't going there way :conf:
LOL, yep, thats me, fickle, travel from Cumbria to Wigan for every "home" game, go to 99% of away games, Cardiff was a drop in the ocean cos I'm a multi billionaire, going to perpignan in June. yes, you're right, I am fickle, I should continue with 3 hr round trip travel to home games to watch folk that can't be bothered to put in effort. I see your point ! The Saints fans laughing at poor cup attendances should be the MAIN thing to make me change my plans ! ha ha
Not my fault you have the displeasure of living in Cumbria. I never said you had to attend every game, not many people can attend every game through; travel, work, expense etc but the idea of boycotting games because the team isn't winning is very fickle.

If you want to watch a team who win every week go watch the Harlem globetrotters, losing is apart of rugby.
Amoeba :eusa17: :eusa17: