Anybody else ashamed?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
butt monkey

Re: Anybody else ashamed?

Post by butt monkey »

I worked late on Friday and earlys on both Sunday and Monday - so obviously couldnt get to the (money making) games (didn't really want to either if the truth be known).

I feel very sorry for all the magnificent fans who travelled down and were left so abject and bemused by such a shambles. Had to take the "abuse" from the stains "fans" at work today!!! (barstewards)

This team does not deserve such support, if IL does not make changes, then he will struggle to continue "drawing" fans to the JJB with recent fixture changes and performances etc.

Noble, after the Bulls defeat, stated that Wigan's problem emanated from a "slow start". Yet exactly the same happened, Wigan players looked like they had used the fixture for shopping trips or drinking sessions! If Noble cannot improve the team, even the faults that "he" constantly highlights, then he should behave like McDermott at the Quins, in suggesting "take a long hard look at himself and his contract and decide if in the long term benefit of the club - he would be better for the team if he left!"
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Dawn O

Post by Dawn O »

I sat in that ground to the bitter end-have to take the rough with the smooth!

Emotions went like this

laughing,crying,almost booing, arguing with other fans and then back to hysterical laughter.

What I hate the most is when we all turn on each other after a loss,boyfriend and friends all around me screaming at what is wrong with our team.
I dont think the wigan team had more of a post match what went wrong talk than we did!!!!!!

It just gets to me - I love Locky but my god if we had took a 18-0 start when faz was playing he would have dragged that team kicking and screaming into a match.

Rads played 6 years ago on one foot - why because it was his team, I cant see anyone who plays for the badge anymore.

Only player who shows real passion for this team is Hock and unfortunately that sometimes cannot be controlled and is goes into digs and high tackles but I would rather have somone like that than the rest of the shower.

Rant over - thank god I work in runcorn its all football here!!
royston

wigan warriors

Post by royston »

AS A WARRIOR SUPPORTER I FELL SORRY FOR THE COACHES THAT COME TO WIGAN THE PLAYERS DONT EVER SEEM TO PLAY ANY DIFFERENT,WE ALLWAYS PLAY THE SAME WAY FIVE PLAYS WITH THE BALL, AND NO SECOND PHASE, WHY DO WE NEVER PASS THE BALL OUT WIDE, OH AND YES SEND FIELDEN BACK TO COMFORT LAND
AND FOR GODS SAKE TAKE THE CAPTAINCY OF LOCKERS, REMEMBER
LOCKERS IN GREAT BRITAIN HE PLAYED WELL WHITH OUT IT
Kol

Captain...What Captain?

Post by Kol »

It's taken me 2 days to get over the sheer anger to write this...our players simply didnt want to play in Cardiff and looked like an under 7's second team on a bad day.

The big gripe I have is that we are lacking leadership on the park. No-one is screaming at the team (like Faz used to do so well) to motivate them in to playing.

It's easy money to them and I am questioning why I pay the turnstile fee. I dont mind if they lose, so long as they tried...but I cant be doing with lazy gits.
No one is to stone anybody until I blow this whistle!
jackoh

Re: Captain...What Captain?

Post by jackoh »

I must agree I was shouting from the stands to play for their jerseys ,but they all stood in a huddle , dejected ,following the saints stroll .
It is obvious that lockers isn`t a captain so lets get someone who is.
Also whilst we ` re at it , a play maker would be good as well .
If they think I`ll be spending good money to travel to Cardiff again following that rubbish on Sunday the club can think again.
This lot will destroy the fan base if they`re not careful .
LORENZO

Re: Captain...What Captain?

Post by LORENZO »

Sorry, but the blame has to lie with Noble.
Seems to me that the players don't want to play his way.
They want to play open style rugby but are stuck with Nobby's system, which was so effective at bradford, but is now out of fashion in this modern game.(possibly since the 10 yard rule was introduced)
We criticise our forwards, but they must be a better pack than most teams. We crticicise our backs. We blamed former management, but who is granting the new contracts to poor (?)players now.
B.N. cannot rely on last years history now. O.K. so no relegation this year (I'm begining to think Thank God) but possibly no top 6 either!!
Mr L. get it sorted quick, kick a few arses, do what you think must be done. Any action is better than none.
I suggest you start by ripping up a few contracts or, as others have suggested, having overpaid water boys.
Afraid MO must be laughing his sox off.
Dezzer 1952

Post by Dezzer 1952 »

It has to go down as the worst team performance of all time . That pile of ----- are not fit to wear the cherry and white shirts . I've been a supporter of Wigan all of my life and I can honestly say that Sunday was the lowest that I have ever felt during and after the match.The players need to take a good look at themselves. There was no effort , no fight and no pride in that performance . It was inexcusable , they let the fans down miserably . They should be totally ashamed of themselves , they are so called professionals , but performed worse than school children . It was like men amongst boys . The weekend up to our match was brilliant with lots of fantastic rugby played . Wigan were the poorest team on show by far and it hurts really deep .
jackoh

Post by jackoh »

Ashamed and disgusted all the family went to Cardiff to support our team and what did they get in return , nothing.
The way this team is playing they`ll drive away our fan base , as Latics seem to be getting stronger .
Let`s get rid of the coach who`s not got the team playing and build from scratch before it`s to late .
pedro

Post by pedro »

Its not us thyat should be asjamed shoudl be all the players.....wait and see nothing will happen. Same team next week but it will be ok as they will probably beat HAven and he will say "we were better today got a win".
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Pathetic. Couldn't afford the time (or money) to go to Cardiff.
I sat at home in sunny Leicestershire, proudly wearing my shirt, flags all round the house as I always do if I can't get to the game.
I took down the flags and took off the shirt after 20 minutes.
I thought they couldn't get worse than the Semi final loss to Catalans. How wrong I was.
Sack Richie "touch Rugby" Mathers NOW!!
And Fielden with him.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09