Worst fullback since Doc Murray

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
topskin

Re: Worst fullback since Doc M...

Post by topskin »

bring back sam reay on loan at doncaster he is reserve team fullback cant do worst than mathers
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

funny how all these Mathers doubters ("oh i knew he was sh**e when at leeds") weren't out when we signed him!

so easy to claim you 'never rated him'!
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

the-Bowtun-Warr ior wrote:funny how all these Mathers doubters ("oh i knew he was sh**e when at leeds") weren't out when we signed him!

I did rate him at Leeds and told him that when he signed for us, just think he has no confidence in playing but plenty in talking :wink:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

the-Bowtun-Warr ior wrote:funny how all these Mathers doubters ("oh i knew he was sh**e when at leeds") weren't out when we signed him!

I don't remember anyone praising him that much, the most common verdict was that he's a cheap extra squad member.
pedro

Post by pedro »

People were happy cos he was signed on pay to play contract
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

pedro wrote:People were happy cos he was signed on pay to play contract
In that case he was paid nothing for Sunday night!
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Personally, I would have Pat at fullback. However, I will tell you this, Sam Reay would have done a better job. He is/was not the answer but he would have coped far better than Mathers. Deservedly, the early signs are that he is doing well at Doncaster. I have asked a few Donny fans and they say, brave, total effort, real team player. It is sad that we are now wondering if things we should take for granted are present in our first team players.
topskin

Post by topskin »

totaly agree cp sam reay would give and always as given 100% to the club and like you have been told he is rated very highly at doncaster surely it won,t do the club or the fans any harm to give him a chance