Parker Cited

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Parker Cited

Post by cpwigan »

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... inary.html

Bit shocked. 3 Offences. I do not even remember 1. It seems since he hurt a Saints player, the judiciary are going after him.
fitzy

Re: Parker Cited

Post by fitzy »

warriors united

Post by warriors united »

he did one on feka in front of us in the east stand wrapped his legs around fekas legs to take him down im asuming thats what hes up for
Nine

Post by Nine »

What puzzles me is how they come up with these. For Coley, he's up for a head-high tackle but the result is "no contact made". So if he didn't even make contact who exactly cited him in the first place and why? I didnt notice him being out on report during the match. Did one person at the RFL cite him only for another to knock it back almost straight away?

I think it's pointless listing anything that hasn't been deemed a "case to answer" unless it was put on report during the game or the opposition cited the player.

Parker is a disgrace, he could end careers with what he's doing. It must be deliberate because it's not a common technique and he has already been warned about it by the RFL. If the tape shows he's guilty this time they should give him a good, long ban while he sorts out his tackling technique.
Squad number 18!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Nine, players have been wrapping their legs around the ball carrier for decades. What makes me smile is Saints fans are like rabid dogs about Parker yet if I am not mistaken a Saints player put Lockers out for a full season doing exactly the same.
Nine

Post by Nine »

cpwigan wrote:Nine, players have been wrapping their legs around the ball carrier for decades. What makes me smile is Saints fans are like rabid dogs about Parker yet if I am not mistaken a Saints player put Lockers out for a full season doing exactly the same.
It's not wrapping his legs round - it's dropping his weight on to the back of the legs to bring them down that frightens people. I think a precent press report described it as "leaping above a player before dropping his body on to the back of their legs to get them to the floor".

Parker is one big lad and that's why people wince - he could snap someone's leg. Daniel Anderson did a good thing in raising this as an issue and saying his piece the other week. He described it as like a WWE move and said players were terrified of it.

Squad number 18!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I amconfused Nine. So if I read you right. Aplayer will be stood or falling and he jumps up in the air trying to land on the back of their legs?
Nine

Post by Nine »

cpwigan wrote:I amconfused Nine. So if I read you right. Aplayer will be stood or falling and he jumps up in the air trying to land on the back of their legs?
That the gist of it though I think it's a bit less obvious than the WWE moves Anderson referred to. The offences are cited as being the the 36th, 66th and 70th minutes on friday so maybe have a look then a see what you think.

Because I only record reruns and it's edited I can only see the 70th minute one from Friday and while it's not a horror tackle, Parker's technique is to come down on the legs of a player already being tackled by two others.
Squad number 18!
Nine

Post by Nine »

From the RFL website:
Warrington Wolves forward Rob Parker was found guilty of dangerous tackling but avoided any punishment when he appeared before the Rugby Football League’s disciplinary committee today.

The former Bradford Bulls second rower, who was recently warned over his tackling technique, was cited by the League’s match review panel for three alleged offences during the Wolves’ 38-14 engage Super League defeat at Wigan.

Parker was found guilty but the committee decided to take no further action.
One simple question: why? He's been found guilty before and warned; he does it again and still no action.
Squad number 18!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

It does not make sense. If you look at many recent cases the judiciary seemed to have shifted and are now finding players guilty but giving them warnings. Call me acynic but it is akin to somebody high up saying, Warrington have enough players injured without suspending other players.