News on Faz!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
proud_pie_eater

News on Faz!

Post by proud_pie_eater »

Any news on Andy Farrell yet? Iv been looking round websites because Wigan are suposed to be releasing a statement soon but some of them take ages to update and i'm just anxious to find out whats gone on!
NUMBER 1 SPOT HERE WE COME!!!
mrs_carney

Re: News on Faz!

Post by mrs_carney »

Best bet is probably the wigan evening post when it comes out
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
proud_pie_eater

I doubt they will have time to fit it in though!
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Then they might mention it on the rugby tonight before the match
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
proud_pie_eater

True, but I think it might be posted on a website before the rugby starts. Im just really anxious thats all, if anyone hears anything please let us all know!
Portsmouth Warrior

Post by Portsmouth Warrior »

Say's on the BBC website that the RFU have agreed a deal with Faz but he has not signed for a club

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport/default.stm
Pies are nice, and so are mice !!
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

I don't care how early in the day it is. That vodka is coming out now :(
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Dawber

Post by Dawber »

it says on rlfans.com that the rfu have agreed terms with wigan rugby league, but faz has to undergo another medical on his knee
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Dawber posted:
it says on rlfans.com that the rfu have agreed terms with wigan rugby league, but faz has to undergo another medical on his knee
It is a complete joke isn't it.

If you read the quotes on the internet properly this saga is not yet fully concluded.

Here is one bit:

Robinson said: "An agreement has been reached between the RFU and Wigan, and it's now time to look at the medical protocols and the club he is going to. That has not been agreed yet."

So is there a concrete agreement in place? I don't see how there can be given the last sentance above as it look slike the medical hurdle is still there.

I don't doubt they (RFU) have decided they want him but the above looks like this means it will drag on longer then Whelans deadline.

For example Jhin also had this to say:

"...but Robinson insists he wants to concentrate on England's remaining two matches in the RBS Six Nations Championship, against Italy and Scotland.

He told a press conference at Twickenham: "After the two matches I will sit down and paint the picture for you of how I see Andy Farrell. Then you will know the club he's going to."

So they are only going to tell the world which club he is going to after England have played two more internationals which is at least another 10 days (don't know when the fixtures are).

To be honest it deosn't look like this deal has moved that much further on.

I think it is about time Wigan made another statement and a very simple one.

They should clear this up once and for all and tell us if Farrell is still a Wigan player or not.

If he is still a Wigan player by the end of today, then Whelan should stick to his guns and pull the rug from under the deal.

Dave
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

We need to know if Faz is going to be seeing out the Super League season with us - or going straight over to a yawnion outfit. The rumours about the Churchill cup seem to suggest that he will be going straightaway.

I'm very disapointed that we are loosing our best and most influential player - the one player whos leadership qualities can take the team of youngsters and new recruits that we have now and turn them into contenders by the end of the season. Without his influence the promise of the team will not be fulfilled. :(

The club should now be looking to recruit a potential captain. The only candidates at the club are Radlinski and Newton. Radlinski isn't a good enough motivator and Newton is too hot headed. We probably need a forward whos been at the top of the game for many years and has at least 2 top years left in him. Motivational skills and a level head are a priority.

I reckon we use the £200,000 per year salary savings to tempt a current established captain from the NRL. I wouldn't blow it on SBW - he just doesn't fit the bill for what we need to replace Faz.

:( :( :(
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆