Sack Betts Please

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
we_need_a_coach

Re: Sack Betts Please

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:angry: Betts is'nt just to young, he's no use whatsoever to this club as a coach, hes tactically vulnerable, his decission making is slow, and he does'nt seem to have the backing of his players. Time for a change at the top, and not just Betts, we are in worse shape now that I can remember for years, and i can't see any improvement on the horizon, WE ALL NEED TO LET OUR FEELINGS BE HEARD AGAINST LEIGH, otherwise we could just stumble to a bottom 4 place by the end of the season.
wolftown warrior

Post by wolftown warrior »

in response gimble, i don`t hate saints.. ( the whole saints/wigan rivaly isn`t as intense for me, because i am not from wigan or the surrounding area)& as for leigh, it would be AS MUCH of a disgrace.. i was basing the post on us beating leigh, that might not happen u should never look past teams, but if we lose to saints on good friday..( like we lost last night) there will be to many people on here screaming blue murder..
that was my point mate.
chorleywarrior

Post by chorleywarrior »

I had my doubts when Gregory was made coach and was absolutely stunned when Denis got the job.He was a great player but as we have found out in the past it doesn't make you a great coach,and after that comment he made on tv where he was answering the question about the injury sitution and having to play so many young players and he said"that is no excuse,if they can run and pull on a jersey then they are good enough to play"I think that is one of the most stupid comments I've ever heard made by a Coach!!!If that's the case Denis then half of the crowd watching are good enough to play!!
I'm not just blaming Denis there has to be big changes within the club,it's been said already quite a few times this season that our pack is just not upto the job and how many times have people said that the Wigan team always look to Faz to get them out of trouble,there must be a big shake up soon otherwise I think we will be nearing the bottom of the table!
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

I cant believe you people. Was betts out on the field tonight? Was it his fault london played well? London arent the crappy team they used to be, lets face it super league is getting better and as it happens wigan have a young team with not much experience which isnt ideal but would you rather us break the salary cap rules and get done for it. We're going to have to go with what we've got the players need on the field motivation, the job of the captain, which we dont have so we're going to have to get one.
Bett's is only speaking the truth when he says we arent playing well enough which is something he needs to get throguh that we cant be going round with our slack attitude. Hes inexperienced but the guy who sits next to him in the stands isnt, between them they should be able to bring the talent out in our team.
How come london signed 3half backs when moran went and all of them appeared better than him last night? I thought we got the good one.....
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

wolftown warrior posted:
in response gimble, i don`t hate saints.. ( the whole saints/wigan rivaly isn`t as intense for me, because i am not from wigan or the surrounding area)& as for leigh, it would be AS MUCH of a disgrace.. i was basing the post on us beating leigh, that might not happen u should never look past teams, but if we lose to saints on good friday..( like we lost last night) there will be to many people on here screaming blue murder..
that was my point mate.
Fair enough just see so many people at work who hate Man U more than support own team. They look for MU score first then there own team.
chorleywarrior

Post by chorleywarrior »

mrs_carney posted:
I cant believe you people. Was betts out on the field tonight? Was it his fault london played well? London arent the crappy team they used to be, lets face it super league is getting better and as it happens wigan have a young team with not much experience which isnt ideal but would you rather us break the salary cap rules and get done for it. We're going to have to go with what we've got the players need on the field motivation, the job of the captain, which we dont have so we're going to have to get one.
Bett's is only speaking the truth when he says we arent playing well enough which is something he needs to get throguh that we cant be going round with our slack attitude. Hes inexperienced but the guy who sits next to him in the stands isnt, between them they should be able to bring the talent out in our team.
How come london signed 3half backs when moran went and all of them appeared better than him last night? I thought we got the good one.....
What on earth are you talking about?Was it his fault London played well...NO But he must take some of the blame for our team being completely disorganised at times and not having a clue what to do with the ball...also it's down to Betts and his assistant to make sure the players they do pick are fit and up to the job!Are you telling me that those Wigans lads are fit?There no where near fit,instead of sending them away to Florida and god knows where else they should start getting the basics right,like tackling around the legs for a start and not around the head,how many times were they pulled up for high shots,and were even lucky not to lose a player for can only be described as a deliberate trip!
If this is the sort of rubbish you want to watch then fair enough,but personally I'd like to see Wigan back at the top with a good strong squad that opponents fear and a Coach that knows the game and has half an idea about what to do!!![/quote]
heydude

Post by heydude »

what i seen last night was a undisciplined schoolboy team and some of the blame should be put at the feet of denis,maybe it's because he has played with some of the team and they are his friends (a cardinal sin for a coach) they think that they can get away with it.that team now needs to be ruled with a rod of iron.
don't eat yellow snow
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

I'm telling you that they are the fittest players we have. We arent as lucky as leeds or bradford who have huge squads to choose from and players fight for their place.
I'm not saying betts isnt totally blameless but our lack of leadership on the field is down to our "captain"
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
ellery

Post by ellery »

Betts was never the answer, but then neither was Raper or Endacott. With the formation of Superleague Wigan missed the boat. With the salary cap and twenty twenty it is no longer about buying teams but buying coaching. Saints, Bradford and Leeds did that, we didn't. The team we have on paper is as good as anyones but we are poorly coached. London played to their strengths but are no great shakes. Saints will butcher them as will Leeds.
:angry:
We need to follow suit or else we will go down the Widnes route- a once successful team now living on scraps. We are looking bereft of ideas and an indisciplined unruly mob. For goodness sake WE ARE WIGAN- THE MOST SUCCESSFUL TEAM OF ALL TIME.We are beginning to look like everyones whipping boys, and don't forget everyone still want to beat us.
Get Anderson now and stop the rot!
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

for god sake calm down you are all looking for a scape goat!you cant judge a manager after 5 games which we could easily have won most. bradford and wakefield could have been wins if not for a bit of bad luck. wigan will turn things around and so long as we get into the top six we have a chance of the title. stains finished in the lowest position in the league since super league started last year but won a trophy. wigan finished above them but won nothing so who is the sucsesfull team there then? the league position means nothing so long as you are 3 from bottom. :wink:
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart