Fans Forum - Status quo, No change

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Fans Forum - Status quo, N...

Post by cpwigan »

Nine wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
Nine wrote:For god's sake, Cpwigan, give us a break. You are dominating this forum with a ceaseless string of negative rants, stating over and over and over again, ad nauseam, the same points. Everyone else is trying to have a debate or at least just get their frustration off their chest, but you seem to feel the need to come in and stamp down on every single post from people who don't share your view.

If you don't like what Jeanette or I write in the paper, tough. Those are our honest opinions and that's what we've been asked to provide. An opinion is not, repeat not, invalid just because you don't share it. Nor is trying to find some positives while still being prepared to be criticial of the team being sycophantic, by the way. Try reading this Thursday's and you'll see what I mean.

This may come as a surprise, but some of us as prepared to read other people's views without feeling the need to come in and knock them down evry time. Try it.

Sorry but Barbara I am lol at your post. The Thursday letters page might as well be retitled the Barb and Jenny Column. Week after week the same old ignorance is bliss crap. Do you two attend party political conferences for youer holidays?

So you accusing me of dominating this thread / issue is just a wee bit hypocritical on your part.

You may as well not write your letters, they are meaningless, rename the Riversiders because as an organisation it is toothless and spineless. 1984 was a fictional novel. You are allowed to think for yourselves and have negative views, realistic views, truthful views. Nothing in life was ever changed for the better by being sycophantic and pretending everything was okay. Real change comes from challenging and questioning and demanding change.

Thus far in 2008 who has been on the money. My moaning or barbies and jennys lushy love ins?
I’ll let others decide on all of that. Your reply perfectly illustrates the point I was trying to make.
Sorry if the truth hurts but it is the best medicine
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

"Sorry if the truth hurts but it is the best medicine" .... isn't that laughter??
2old4

Post by 2old4 »

Just come back from a lovely lunch and shop, Why oh why is this post deteriorating into a personal battle between certain personalities!!! (mind it's better than watching Jeremy Kyle reading these!)
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

CPW did you raise any of your points at the forum ?
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

The enforcer that IL tried to sign was Carl Webb, he chose to stay in Australia!

The salary cap is a big problem at Wigan, their are six individuals taking up half of the available money. It should be easy for you all to work out who they are - thay are the ones playing out of their skins!

Three reasons that the top teams are so far ahead - scouting/recruitment, coaching and the fact that they (alledgedly)pay money into off-shore accounts for their players.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Fujiman wrote:CPW did you raise any of your points at the forum ?
I volunteered re the first 10 questions. I was not selected. The selection of those questioners and the subsequent management of the response by IL culminating in the Noble will stay killed my enthusiasm. I asked aloud about Buderus / Crocker. Raised my hand towards near the end, ignored and to be honest my enthusiasm has long since gone by that point. It seemed to a large extent that the same 10 people kept rotating in terms of asking questions. I had spent the weekend on a pleasant visit to Glasgow / Edinbrugh and turned down an offer to stay longer to travel back down on Monday and said to the Mrs afterwards I wish I had not bothered.

I post my thoughts here. They read them. I will send a few letters as they implied last night they read them / reply. Does it make any difference? NO Will Wigan RLFC awaken NO I did consider doing what OAM suggested last re not attending matches whilst Noble is coach but I doubt I could albeit I am sorely tempted. I hate peoople lying, treating people like mugs and to me that is where we stand. Just not convinced re the future although Hogan is a step forward. I know one thing without a shadow of a doubt, if you want the best you have to go to where they are and get them. This romantic notion of Wiganers coaching a team of Wiganers is ludicrous. The best are the best wherever they come from.

Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

shaunedwardsfan club wrote: their are six individuals taking up half of the available money. It should be easy for you all to work out who they are -
Is not this true of most clubs?

A more difficult question is try to add up Saint's salary cap.

Remember this weekend they had Scully missing and still manaed 3 internationals on their bench! It simply doesn't stack up.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

cpwigan wrote:
Fujiman wrote:CPW did you raise any of your points at the forum ?
I volunteered re the first 10 questions. I was not selected. The selection of those questioners and the subsequent management of the response by IL culminating in the Noble will stay killed my enthusiasm. I asked aloud about Buderus / Crocker. Raised my hand towards near the end, ignored and to be honest my enthusiasm has long since gone by that point. It seemed to a large extent that the same 10 people kept rotating in terms of asking questions. I had spent the weekend on a pleasant visit to Glasgow / Edinbrugh and turned down an offer to stay longer to travel back down on Monday and said to the Mrs afterwards I wish I had not bothered.

I post my thoughts here. They read them. I will send a few letters as they implied last night they read them / reply. Does it make any difference? NO Will Wigan RLFC awaken NO I did consider doing what OAM suggested last re not attending matches whilst Noble is coach but I doubt I could albeit I am sorely tempted. I hate peoople lying, treating people like mugs and to me that is where we stand. Just not convinced re the future although Hogan is a step forward. I know one thing without a shadow of a doubt, if you want the best you have to go to where they are and get them. This romantic notion of Wiganers coaching a team of Wiganers is ludicrous. The best are the best wherever they come from.
Thats a pity.Don't agree with what you say half the time (which means i agree with the other half !) but i thought that you would put a coherent and pertinent question regarding the kids to IL that he wouldn't have been able to swerve. BTW if you were the person asking the buderus question out loud you did look pissed off or ready to explode!
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Something like:

Barrett
Fielden
Bailey
Calderwood
Richards
Higham (because of Millward)
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Morph wrote:
shaunedwardsfan club wrote:The enforcer that IL tried to sign was Carl Webb, he chose to stay in Australia!

The salary cap is a big problem at Wigan, their are six individuals taking up half of the available money. It should be easy for you all to work out who they are - thay are the ones playing out of their skins!
Three reasons that the top teams are so far ahead - scouting/recruitment, coaching and the fact that they (alledgedly)pay money into off-shore accounts for their players.
No, am struggling to think of 6?!!
Don't know who is on what - but confident i could find out if i so wished :wink:

6 figure salaries (my guess) Barrett, Fielden, Lockers, Hock, TL, Feka, Bailey and Richards.

50k+ Higham, calderwood Carmont, Coley.

Split whatever between the rest.

This is not an easy game, honestly try and do this with the Saints squad!