Mathers half time no-try

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fitzy

Mathers half time no-try

Post by fitzy »

Could someone please explain to me why mathers was stopped from running and scoring under the sticks just before half time, I thought that the player with the ball had to be tackled or the ball had to leave the field of play?
dannydutson

Re: Mathers half time no-try

Post by dannydutson »

the ref actually blew when the siren went but hull played the ball and carried on even though the play should have been stopped
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

he should of blown up at the completion of the next play.
The hooter when as the PTB happened so the ref blew. He should of waited for that play to be finished ie mathers scoring!
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Hooter went as the Hull player was bending over to put the ball down to play it. Ball's not in play until it has passed his foot so was half time.

Thaler blew the whilst immediately but Hull kicked it, the players around Thaler realised the half had ended and Mathers ran straight through players that had stopped.
CBWarrior

Post by CBWarrior »

I doubt he would have got so far if they hadn't stop, I heard thaler blow up :)
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

robjoenz wrote:Hooter went as the Hull player was bending over to put the ball down to play it. Ball's not in play until it has passed his foot so was half time.

Thaler blew the whilst immediately but Hull kicked it, the players around Thaler realised the half had ended and Mathers ran straight through players that had stopped.
Correct, Rob.