Time for the "talk" to stop?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
butt monkey

Time for the "talk" to stop?

Post by butt monkey »

The latest is Harrison Hansen, saying that Wigan, If they keep hold of the ball, can make a charge into this years play offs.

I just wish for once, these players can be "gagged" from "spouting" to the media, thus giving all the motivational impetus for our opponents might have ever needed.
Harrison Hansen insists Wigan will "blitz" their opponents and power their way into the Super League play-offs.

The Warriors received stinging criticism after a run of three straight defeats, but Brian Noble's side fired back last week to humble Hull.

Hansen told WiganToday.net: "We showed that if we have our fair share of ball then things will go our way. If we keep hold of the ball we will blitz teams."
http://www.teletext.co.uk/rugbyleague/n ... +foes.aspx

:roll:

Then this.....
He said: "It was an awesome performance against Hull and we did it for ourselves.

"We've been getting heaps of stick off the fans and everyone else.

"But we decided to block that out and concentrate on ourselves and come up with a performance like we did.

"We did it to prove everyone else wrong."
http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Rugby_Leagu ... -offs.aspx

He and a few others should remember who actually pays his wages (don't say SKY, as that diminishing return of a pay check gets lower and lower every time it is renegotiated).
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Kittwazzer

Re: Time for the "talk" to stop?

Post by Kittwazzer »

What would you have had him say?
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Kittwazzer wrote:What would you have had him say?
Nothing!

Just win the Grand Final - THEN say how they did it!
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
ian b

Re: Time for the "talk&qu...

Post by ian b »

agree with what you said mate.One win,you'd think they had won the league!.If they winge about getting stick from the fans,play better or sign for someone else who will put up with poor performances,its simple as.Going to france tomorrow,lets see how good they are on saturday.
neilbass

Post by neilbass »

what about they had a good win, morale is up on the back of it - nothing wrong with talking things up?

Psychology can be a great motivator. In fact in so many key games it can truly be the difference between winning and losing. If bigging themselves up (ie we need to prove a point) produced the performance aganst Hull why not keep it going?

wish people would stop knocking them to be honest. I love that players are showing belief publicly
CBWarrior

Post by CBWarrior »

neilbass wrote: Psychology can be a great motivator.
Yeah, but we wan't it to be a motivator for US not them!!!!

The players in the catalan camp could sat there thinking "they think they'l batter us, lets go and show them wrong, and I wouldn't mind, but Catalan can do that.

I'm beggining to get tired of all the players coming out and saying stuff like this. IT's good that they're confident, but I'd rather it be quietly confident rather than arrogance like this.

south_stander

Post by south_stander »

I agree with you all..... the should let their performance do the talking!! We win one game and suddenly teams should be scared of us. If we was on a run of 9 or 10 games unbeaten then fair enough!!
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

God wrote:I found this article from the same interview and i think he was very arrogant.

He takes a swipe at the fans and also the chairman. Apparently the loss wasnt the end of the world and it wasnt that bad - it was one of them things, the win against Hull was for themselves.
So not for the fans or the chairman you arrogent so and so.After some of the awful games we have had to endure this year especially against Saints (they hurt the most)at least have the decency to end the year with something to shout about.

The players are not winning the fans over especially with comments like this.

Im sticking with what the chairman believes in, he said exactly what i was thinking and if the players dont like it, leave i will open the door for them, because the club is bigger than ANY player.

[url]http://www.wigantoday.net/warriors/Hans ... 703.jp[url]
I agree with you God he does come across as arrogant and to be honest i dont really think as a player he has anything to be arrogant about.To me he is just a bog standard second rower.Nothing speacial.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

God wrote:Or say nothing in the papers, to the press, radio, or whoever, and get on with the job like a professional and win us something this year.

How does that grab you.
I agree with that, but at the same time I don't think the media will let us have that. They want interviews with players and I don't think the BBC, Sky, local papers or whoever will be happy if they don't get what they want. They all put money into the club in different ways, and the club has to honour such commitments.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

I would prefer that the talking is done on the field of play.Butt monkey is quite correct in his obsevation.We are no longer the all conquering team we once where.I do not want cheap talk,i want action!Talk is cheap.Action speaks louder than words.If the players want to spout off let it be at the end of the season when we have won the grand final.And then they can tell us how great they are,or not as is the case at this moment in time.Talk sbout giving the opposition ammunition to shoot us down or what.