Danny Brough A Bad Example To Youngsters?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
turf

Danny Brough A Bad Example To Youngsters?

Post by turf »

I have been watching (as a neutral before anyone starts kicking off) Wakefield in the last few weeks and I have seemed to notice that when things aren't going their way, that Danny Brough throws the toys out of the pram and starts swearing and back chatting at referees.

For instance in the CC Semi against Hull FC, the referee gave a decision against Wakefield and quite clearly on (probable) national television, Brough was seen to shout, "you f***ing w*nker" at him.

Now my point is that in my opinion this is showing youngsters coming through and youngsters watching the RL on tv and want to be in RL when they are older how to disrespect the referee and his decision making and this from ANY player (not just Brough) should NOT be stood for.

In fact, I think they should bring a new rule in which makes it that if you speak out of furn to the referee, then you automatically get 10 minutes in the sin bin for dissent towards an official.

What is everyone elses opinion on this??
josie andrews

Re: Danny Brough A Bad Example To Youngsters?

Post by josie andrews »

Can't understand you Turf! One minute you are singing his praises in one thread then start this one moaning about his behaviour.

Which one is it?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
turf

Post by turf »

Another thing I will clear up before another of my threads goes the wrong way: :blush: :conf: :wink:

He is a quality player with outstanding skill and pace, when he keeps his mouth shut, i.e, when Wakefield are winning.

But as I have said, it is just an observation that I have noticed over the last few weeks that he can get stroppy and throw a tantrum when things aren't going his way.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Moved to General RL - Turf, you are allowed to put rugby stuff in these other areas rather than Off Topic!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

josie andrews wrote:Can't understand you Turf! One minute you are singing his praises in one thread then start this one moaning about his behaviour.

Which one is it?
Must be his new Hero Josie, he must have gone of Ben Thaler :lol: :lol: Oooooooooooooooooooooooow Dear :wink:

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

Thought i had 5 Turf Topics posted in a row.

Oooooooooooooooooooooow i have now :lol: :lol: :lol:

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

mikey-warriors

Re: Danny Brough A Bad Example...

Post by mikey-warriors »

he wont be the only player to do it lets face it every does it. if you was getting beat and you was tired and stressing out not go mad if you had a penalty against you if it was for nothing big ??
Perpignan 2009

remember remember the 21st of september wigan 31 - 30 bradford

turf

Post by turf »

Just seen a highlight on Boots'n'All now and a Wakefield player got penalised for an incorrect play the ball, and Brough turned round and literally flipped his lid and went bezerk with his OWN player and had to be held back.

But he is STILL a very, VERY good player on his day.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

turf wrote:Just seen a highlight on Boots'n'All now and a Wakefield player got penalised for an incorrect play the ball, and Brough turned round and literally flipped his lid and went bezerk with his OWN player and had to be held back.
I don't see a problem with that. What a stupid, unnecessary penalty to give away. It's one thing dropping a ball in a heavy tackle, for example, but there's really no excuse for an incorrect PTB and it's easy possession for the other team. He's right to be annoyed IMO.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
turf

Post by turf »

I know you will probably be :angry: Fraggle but ok, I accept that he WAS right to be annoyed for that but come on, it is his OWN team mate that he was going for in that clip.

That clip involving Brough going mad at his team mate cannot bold well for team spirit?!?!?! :conf: :conf: