Re: Who has been the best youngster at wigan in Super League 9?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Don't want to be too critical, but what's the definition of youngster in this poll? Stephen Wild is 23, Aspinwall is not far behind and he's about a year older than the next nearest player (Lockers) who is 21. Wild and Aspi have been first team players for a long time now so you could argue they're not really youngsters anymore.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
wolftown warrior

Re: Who has been the best ...

Post by wolftown warrior »

i would like to have another look at desi.. i know he had a stinker @ cas, but i heard SO many good things bout him..

as for this year, i couldn`t say.. ummmm it would have to be locky... he has played nearly every game this year alot of em, in a different position every week!

i would give it to him..
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Got to be Lockers, very consistent unlike the likes of Tickle and Hock who have a greater share of bad days. Aspinwall and Wild aren't really young players anymore even though they are 22 and 23 respectively, I think Wild would be my second choice though with the way he has adapted to playing centre often. The amount of times Wild has been involved in pushing players into touch, his strength is awesome at times.

Robinson has been playing well lately, he'd certainly get an award for enthusiasm! Hansen and Beswick have come in and played well too, I don't think they've played enough to be classed as the best young player though. All the others have features even less.
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

It has to be Lockers as he was outstanding all season & he gets my vote.

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

chloe

Post by chloe »

i am going with the majority and saying sean as well. Locky has been consistent yet outstanding in my opinion. I think Luke Robinson has also played very well with some off games, however i think the problem with luke was that he thought to fast for the team (if that makes sense) Many a time he made plays which came out of no were and would have been fantastic trys but know body seemed to be on the same wave length as him maybe its a yorkshire thing!!!.......Luke is next Andy Greg i thinks! Just my opinion..Beswick and Harrison both are very good but need to be given a chance. I agree that i would also like to see more of desi even after his game of doom!! (it was terrible though!) But at the moment Locky gets the vote!!!! :)
TRICKY DICKY

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

Lockers by a country mile.

Then aspinwall comes second.
ALL GOOD THINGS ARE WORTH WAITING FOR

WIGAN R.L.F.C. - A WAY OF LIFE
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Agree about O'Loughlin... but I also think Hock has come on in leaps and bounds. He's responsible for a fair few breaks himself with his nifty side step, which is good considering his size.
Steph

Post by Steph »

For me it was Kevin Brown or Lockers
xxxxxxx Warriors 2008 xxxxxx
ooooooooooooo were the greatest club in the world
we've got barrett n kenny
edwards n hanley
boston n kevin iroooooo
Clare wigan4eva

Post by Clare wigan4eva »

for me it has 2 be lockey by far i feel that he is the only one of the younsters that has been really good week in week out[/quote]
2005 the year of the warriors
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

what about tickle?
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3