Ged Byrne?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Ged Byrne?

Post by Mike »

Sutty wrote:
Wigan Watcher wrote:Ged Byrne is one of the good guys in life and as always been a true professional both when he was playing and now that he is not.

Ged would not bugger of as one of you has so eloquently put it

Spoilt brat indeed who would chuck his rattle out of the pram.. Pathetic comment!
Ok then, how would you have perceived his reaction if you didn't know the man?
The fact that he has left because someone else has stated that they would like to help coaching the academy, is not exactly the kind of reaction that inspires people is it? How else are we meant to react to his reaction?
I would say that I would want a little more confirmation of what was going on than a single post that even says its a rumour before coming to quite so an inflamatory opinion. Quite a lot gets posted on here that turns out not to be the whole truth, even when the posters of the information are well intentioned. I tend to try to keep that in mind before getting too riled about the stuff I read.

I met Ged at Parbold Village Fete in the late 90s, and several times in Wigan Pier nightclub around then too. He had a window cleaner round and smoked about 40-a-day when he was playing for Wigan. We liked him in his utility, I'll play anywhere role at Wigan so much that when he signed for Wakefield, we went over there, bought Trinity scarfs and supported him on his debut (not Wakefield though - just Ged).
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Apologies Watcher. I thought you were annoyed by the post by Sutty.
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

So the person who made the comment is not a MOD?

I did say I think.

It would have possible been better to comment that the person was not a MOD rather than delete a comment, therefore leaving the option for a reply from the said person if they disagreed that their language is incorrect.

Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

So can you rewind and put my comment back then CPWigan..

Only joking..

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

:eusa4: My mistake Watcher

Do you know whether he is still at the club? I always like Ged. Pound for pound one of the best defenders I have seen. John Monie once looked at the tackle counts and said Ged you have not done much tackling, Ged with cigarette replied would you run at me.

Just found it strange he has not been around. They currently have a very large man who I do not know doing a lot of the assistant tasks.
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

I have not seen Ged for around two weeks now but when i do catch up with him Ill ask him about the comments made.

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Watcher wrote:Ged Byrne is one of the good guys in life and as always been a true professional both when he was playing and now that he is not.

Ged would not bugger of as one of you has so eloquently put it

Spoilt brat indeed who would chuck his rattle out of the pram.. Pathetic comment!
I am just repeating what I have been told and I think there is a lot worse said on here than 'buggered off', in Wigan speak it means 'he gone', those were the exact words I had been told. And the question from CP was what had happened to him.

I have always liked Ged as well and thought he was a decent bloke.

Sorry if it offended you.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

The term used in that context was derogative to Ged without the fact being known, but I understand what you mean.

Jake

Post by Jake »

cpwigan wrote: :eusa4: My mistake Watcher

Do you know whether he is still at the club? I always like Ged. Pound for pound one of the best defenders I have seen. John Monie once looked at the tackle counts and said Ged you have not done much tackling, Ged with cigarette replied would you run at me.

Just found it strange he has not been around. They currently have a very large man who I do not know doing a lot of the assistant tasks.
Does anyone know who the very large man is?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

He is not an ex player but jeez he's big. The ones who make me laugh are 2 guys that assist with the Saints juniors. Older posters will remember the rolly pollies well these 2 are the male equivalent 5ft tall and 5ft wide.