big name signings?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
scouse warrior

Re: big name signings?

Post by scouse warrior »

dont shoot the messenger but Feilden as captain would possibly be a big mistake. think he is a bit of a loaner (according to some of the guys) and really moody to train with. I got the impression was that they respect him , but he is just not into team playing. its not popularity contest though so make of it what you will.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Bailey over O'Shocklin any day of the week, they guy has a better rugby brain than Lockers, Lockers is just Faz's Brother in law, that's why he gets so much praise, Shockers gives away stupid penaltys where as Bailey gives away intelligent penaltys,.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

13. O'Loughlin for me
He's a Wigan lad. (i understand the arguments against him...)

Like Carmont we need to wait and see what kind of player Riddell is before perhaps judging he may be a big signing, soo too may be Smith and Phelps with a full season to have a go at.

There will be another prop its almost a certainty but i doubt he will be a high earner
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
faz13

Post by faz13 »

mike binder wrote:watch this space
god as much as it hurts me to say this i agree with you yes i agree stuart fielden as captain, i would have said higham but as hes leaving fielden
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

highland convert wrote:
shawcross da warrior wrote:who would be captain then ?

without a doubt barrett is an amazing captain and alot better than lockers, but in the side you just named i dont see any particualr stand out players for captaincy, in the past we have had fletcher who was a big voice on the pitch and tghen currently barrett, but who after him???
Something wrong here, from the start of the season he has been lukewarm. Lockers injured and he gets captaincy, still lukewarm. Now so he can go out on a high or for some other reason he switches on. Is he working for Wigan or working to impress NRL. What's that a string of three he has put together.
Please remind me cos my old brain is struggling, Who captained the side in the great escape?
Jim
The captain who captained us to the great escape was the same captain who captained us into the mess that needed escaping from! I guess your old brain had forgotten that?

Give some credit where its due. Barrett was MoM tonight and this is play off football and he is leading the team and playing very well. Did we manage to string together a set of results like this under Lockers this season? No. That isn't the issue though. Lockers is out injured and without him the team is doing better than any of expected and Barrett is a key reason why.

All this "he's only doing it because he's leaving" is a load of garbage. He's already got his club lined up and one of the extra sponsorships the Aussie clubs can dish out nailed on. He doesn't need to do anything at all. He could even switch off, get us knocked out and get to go home early but he isn't doing that.

I am afraid it's obvious you dislike the player enough to want him to fail or to make up rubbish like he's only doing it for his NRL buddies. I suppose if you didn't come up with such conspiracy theories you might have to acknowledge he is a great player.

You will be telling us next Calders only scored two to impress the Hull fans!

Dave

exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Bailey gives away far too many penalries, I've suggested Fielden before, even if he is from the wrong side of the Pennines.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
myarse

Post by myarse »

JUST HEARD PUT A BID IN FOR K CUNNINGHAM TOP CLASS AT HIS BEST BUT MAYBE PAST IT. WHAT DO YOU THINK
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I'm thinking....... will you stop shouting I've got an over hang :roll:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

myarse wrote:JUST HEARD PUT A BID IN FOR K CUNNINGHAM TOP CLASS AT HIS BEST BUT MAYBE PAST IT. WHAT DO YOU THINK
Complete nonsense.

You appear to be a troll, but in any case this goes in the rumour mill.
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

good point iv not bailey id go for lockers....

fielden is not a captain, would add more pressure to him and i dont think he could cope to be honest...