Wigan warriors end of season awards tuesday

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian b

Re: The Awards

Post by ian b »

josie it was a pleasure to meet you your a good person :D .Got a phone call before telling me i had got Trent Barret`s shirt im made up!.It was a geat night and i think it was a great idea to organise it.Can someone tell me what is wrong with cp wigan and why he constantly brings the club down and what he has against Noble.ps:got to send my cv in,hoping to maybe coach wrestling there!.
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

one of the funniest things of the night was when mickey highams wife won a prize and carmount shouted get the season ticket. she ended up getting a bottle of wine
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

mike binder wrote:cpwigan why would i ask him that ,hes done a great job here and as the backing of 99.9% of the fans u being part of that .1% i just dont get your point so no dont see why i would ask him such a stupid quesrion :doz:
It has a wink next to it Mike :roll:

You are entitled to your opinion as I am to mine. The drop in crowds suggest I am not alone and unlike many I do not change my views with the wind.
Sorry Mike but I agree with cp as do the majority (much more than 0.1%!!) of the fans I speak to. We finished 4th having lost or drawn more games than we won and with a negative points difference. I dread to think what would have happened if Hull FC and Huddersfield had been as good as last year and if Warrington and Bradford had maintained some form.

The '66-6' against Hull after the 'you're not fit to wear the shirt' jibes merely proved that Wigan had been putting in below par performances due to poor organisation/attitude or motivation. We have won 2 games less than last season and our average attendance has dropped nearly 10%... how much more will it drop next year if we can't string a few wins together? People will start to lose patience because the playoffs become a distant memory after watching weeks of drivel.

If only the previous quote could be said of wigan's season:

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause, who at best knows achievement and who at the worst if he fails at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."

We can't continue to rely on other teams being crap to succeed and I for one would prefer to see a Wigan team which puts in maximum effort all the time not just when it suits them and with a coach who picks on form and attitude and not just on favouritism.

If you had to do a 140 mile round trip to attend home games I'm sure you'd see where I'm coming from.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

gpartin wrote:
mike binder wrote:cpwigan why would i ask him that ,hes done a great job here and as the backing of 99.9% of the fans u being part of that .1% i just dont get your point so no dont see why i would ask him such a stupid quesrion :doz:

You are entitled to your opinion as I am to mine. The drop in crowds suggest I am not alone and unlike many I do not change my views with the wind.
Sorry Mike but I agree with cp as do the majority (much more than 0.1%!!) of the fans I speak to. We finished 4th having lost or drawn more games than we won and with a negative points difference. I dread to think what would have happened if Hull FC and Huddersfield had been as good as last year and if Warrington and Bradford had maintained some form.

The '66-6' against Hull after the 'you're not fit to wear the shirt' jibes merely proved that Wigan had been putting in below par performances due to poor organisation/attitude or motivation. We have won 2 games less than last season and our average attendance has dropped nearly 10%... how much more will it drop next year if we can't string a few wins together? People will start to lose patience because the playoffs become a distant memory after watching weeks of drivel.

If only the previous quote could be said of wigan's season:

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause, who at best knows achievement and who at the worst if he fails at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."

We can't continue to rely on other teams being crap to succeed and I for one would prefer to see a Wigan team which puts in maximum effort all the time not just when it suits them and with a coach who picks on form and attitude and not just on favouritism.

If you had to do a 140 mile round trip to attend home games I'm sure you'd see where I'm coming from.

I agree with both CP and Gp we are only in 4th spot because other teams imploded Warrington if we had not drawn with Saints we would have been in 6th place .The last 3 matches have glossed over a mediocre season IMO.
Having said that i wish we could go all the way to the GF and looking at the will of the players this could happen we have no injuries like we did at this time last year.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

jaws1 wrote:
Having said that i wish we could go all the way to the GF and looking at the will of the players this could happen we have no injuries like we did at this time last year.
Absolutely!!! COME ON WIGAN!!!

Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

gpartin wrote:
mike binder wrote:
and when did pat richards sign another 3 year contract,
No idea but great news.
Pat resigned on 30.04.08
Wigan Warriors are pleased to announce that Australian star, Pat Richards, has signed a new three-year contract with the Club which will keep him at the JJB Stadium until the end of 2011
The goal-kicking winger/full back joined Wigan in 2006 after winning an NRL Grand Final winners medal with Wests Tigers. In 2007, Pat took over the kicking duties and became the most prolific points scorer in Super League with 248 points in the regular season.

Speaking about the contract extension Wigan Chairman and Owner, Ian Lenagan, said:

"We are delighted to secure Pat’s services for the next three years. He is a great professional and an outstanding player and we made it one of our key objectives to keep him at the Club. He enjoys playing for Wigan and he and his family have settled down very well in the area."

Head Coach Brian Noble added:

"Pat has been phenomenal for us. His ability to play at full-back or on the wing with equal panache offers us great flexibility and his place kicking is crucial to the team."

Pat Richards was equally pleased to remain with the Warriors:

"Both me and my family have had three fantastic years at Wigan and I am delighted to be staying until at least 2011. The Club is really going places and I would love to add a Super League ring to my NRL medal."

Josie :) :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

josie andrews wrote:
gpartin wrote:
mike binder wrote:
and when did pat richards sign another 3 year contract,
No idea but great news.
Pat resigned on 30.04.08
Wigan Warriors are pleased to announce that Australian star, Pat Richards, has signed a new three-year contract with the Club which will keep him at the JJB Stadium until the end of 2011
The goal-kicking winger/full back joined Wigan in 2006 after winning an NRL Grand Final winners medal with Wests Tigers. In 2007, Pat took over the kicking duties and became the most prolific points scorer in Super League with 248 points in the regular season.

Speaking about the contract extension Wigan Chairman and Owner, Ian Lenagan, said:

"We are delighted to secure Pat’s services for the next three years. He is a great professional and an outstanding player and we made it one of our key objectives to keep him at the Club. He enjoys playing for Wigan and he and his family have settled down very well in the area."

Head Coach Brian Noble added:

"Pat has been phenomenal for us. His ability to play at full-back or on the wing with equal panache offers us great flexibility and his place kicking is crucial to the team."

Pat Richards was equally pleased to remain with the Warriors:

"Both me and my family have had three fantastic years at Wigan and I am delighted to be staying until at least 2011. The Club is really going places and I would love to add a Super League ring to my NRL medal."

Josie :) :)
Thanks, must have missed that one.. nice one ;)

GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Some good video interviews on the website:

* Pat Richards
* Joel Tomkins
* Iafeta Palaeeasina
* Simon Collinson
* Ian Lenagan

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news_full.asp?newsid=4225

Ian's is especially interesting...
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

cpwigan wrote:

the drop in crowds as nothing to do with not playing sts a t home twice last year was a freck year we are back to normall this tear
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

i know cp i certainly did go to school with a few...

i remember being held up against a locker by sean gleeson when i was in the first year of fisher for saying something to him...

what i ment is cp that i would know how to start a conversation off with them...