Proud

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
neilbass

Re: Proud

Post by neilbass »

Well said everyone! It was great to be there last night and see the boys put such a huge effort in.

To be there at the end to say farewell to the players who are leaving was very emotional, as was later when they all came out to get on the coach home.

Our 11 yr old described it as 'the best night of his life' to have seen that game and to have met all the players (and get Trent and George to sign his trainers!!!) - and we didn't even win the game!! :)

Looking forward to the reserves today, and to cheering all our lads on in their various world cup teams. A good end to our season and here's to next year.
Keep_The_Faith

Post by Keep_The_Faith »

cpwigan wrote:Our supporters (albeit I had a dreadful woman in front of me) who were awesome (bouncy, bouncy lol) No Wigan Walk. The players who yes came up short but not through lack of effort. It was amazing at the end that Wigan fans were cheering the Wigan players with Trent, Mickey, Calders quite emotional. The Leeds fans were leaving as if they had lost.

N.B Not 100% sure but Trent kept shaking hands / hugging his teammates. He walked past Noble.
unfortunately some "fans" managed to walk after 75 absorbing minutes i told them they were a disgrace and not to come back, just what are they trying to get home for , the re- run of strictly come x factor,they are pathetic
"They just came to the club.I was there training in the Under 13's. They told us we had to stop playing Rugby 13. They took our kit and even the balls". 1942 unknown French rugby league player. Never forget.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

cpwigan wrote:Our supporters (albeit I had a dreadful woman in front of me) who were awesome (bouncy, bouncy lol) No Wigan Walk. The players who yes came up short but not through lack of effort. It was amazing at the end that Wigan fans were cheering the Wigan players with Trent, Mickey, Calders quite emotional. The Leeds fans were leaving as if they had lost.

N.B Not 100% sure but Trent kept shaking hands / hugging his teammates. He walked past Noble.
i thought you was about to put a possitive post in then u spoilt in on the last bit ,if trent had thanked himm for is support in front of us all u wouldnt of seen it becasuse u just cant beleive any body likes NOBBY :wink:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Nobbylad

Post by Nobbylad »

I'm really encouraged by the amount of youngsters I see at these games. Some look as young as my eldest (nearly two) or in that region. So future support is looking healthy. It got me wondering, how old were you guys when you first went to a game or how old were your young ones when you took them? Itching to take my son Ryan. Will be even better when we can go as a family with the Mrs driving (so I can drink) and my daughter Caitlin (Rob's god daughter). Will be a proud day indeed!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

About 12 or 13 personally. I used to play a lot of sport. One really bad winter, the council playing fields were deemed unfit for weeks. The only sport that kept going was RL and Wigan RLFC.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

as an infant parents took me home and away and a-team etc now waiting one day to do the same.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
dannydutson

Post by dannydutson »

think i was 4 when i went and had a season ticket from when i was 5. Ive seen some greats play and barrett is up there. he has been worth every penny i have spent to watch wigan in these last 2 years
ian b

Post by ian b »

I was also really proud of the players and fans on friday.Anybody would think we had won!.I really believe we are improving and with a couple more recruits and the likes of Pryce who is proven quality i believe we can be genuine contenders again.Mathers still scares me to death,because a full back who cant catch tackle or position himself properly doesnt inspire confidence!.I still think Noble will do the job well because we look to be getting some stability.One thing baffles me is how people are saying how Trent will be hard to replace which makes me smile when in the east stand all they do is slag him off all season,i still believe he is the best no6 on the planet!.Cant wait for next season!. :)
Nobbylad

Post by Nobbylad »

Ok, looks like it could be a couple of years until a trip to the rugby can become a family day out for me. Still going to agree with ian b on that trent is the best no. 6 around but still not worried about the void he leaves behind.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

ian b wrote:I was also really proud of the players and fans on friday.Anybody would think we had won!.I really believe we are improving and with a couple more recruits and the likes of Pryce who is proven quality i believe we can be genuine contenders again.Mathers still scares me to death,because a full back who cant catch tackle or position himself properly doesnt inspire confidence!.I still think Noble will do the job well because we look to be getting some stability.One thing baffles me is how people are saying how Trent will be hard to replace which makes me smile when in the east stand all they do is slag him off all season,i still believe he is the best no6 on the planet!.Cant wait for next season!. :)
I am consistent in my views Ian. He has played far better than he was givencredit for throughout this season and has beena pleasure to watch.