Carmont to french rugby union

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Warrior10

Carmont to french rugby union

Post by Warrior10 »

in tonites observer- feels he can earn more money away from wigan and strongly linked to french rugby union, also quoted though that wigan would be reluctant to release him, lenagan also looking at a club shop near to the ground
josie andrews

And I hope this is not true either

Post by josie andrews »

Just been told its in the Observer that Carmont may be going to Union as he is on a pittance here and can get more money with them. I don't get the Observer 'til tomorrow as it is delivered.

I hope Mr Lenegan is not a penny pinching fool! losing players for the sake of a few quid especially when it has been quoted on here that Mathers has got a big pay rise as has Pryce who hasn't even played a game yet :angry:

Has anybody else seen the report?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
standishwarrior

Re: Carmont to french rugby un...

Post by standishwarrior »

i thought he'd signed an extension for next season??
Warrior10

Post by Warrior10 »

Yeah he did, says in observer wigan centre carmont has been linked with a move away from the club just weeks after agreeing a new deal, speculation had linked the 30year old with a switch to french rugby union, he is believed to be on a modest salary at wigan and realises he could make more money by switching codes.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Once again Cheap Jack is about to loose a good player. When will this guy wake up and pay the right rate to THE RIGHT PLAYERS. He thinks Mathers is worth a payrise, perhaps he should go to SPEC SAVERS ( Two for the price of one)
I am going on EBAY to buy WRLFC season tickets at half price, this guy is like the PIED PIPER with everyone deserting the town.
Come on Mr Lenagan say something to restore confidence in the club, or have you NOTHING to announce?
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

what a jof this guy goes, he has been a breathe of fresh air out wide with pat would be nearly as big of a loss as barrett...
wall_of_voodoo

Re: Carmont to french rugby union

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Warrior10 wrote:in tonites observer- feels he can earn more money away from wigan and strongly linked to french rugby union, also quoted though that wigan would be reluctant to release him, lenagan also looking at a club shop near to the ground
IF he wants to go, then good riddance. Wigan do not need players here for the money. If he is unhappy, let him join SBW, who is currently regretting his own move into french ru.

Wigan should not cow tow to players just because they feel there worth has increased after just one season
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

If i was Mr Lenegan i would offer him a restructured 3 year contract, he is obviously worth it and the fact he didn't come into professional rugby till he was 26 or so says to me his body won't be as knackered as other 30 year old centers, so should surely have a good few more years in him
wall_of_voodoo

Re: Carmont to french rugby union

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:Carmont IMO is recognising his own value to the team, been outstanding this year and justified in his selection fo the dream team, i dont mind paying decent money to decent players which carmont deserves where as mathers and co? please !
Loyalty and financial recognition go together for both club and player. If Carmont was not happy at the time he allowed the club to exercise its extension on his contract he should have said so at the time, not after some mealy-mouthed agent working on behalf of the french ru comes calling on any super league player that has recently played well.
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

pieater-alex wrote:Annoying to think Mathers will be on a better contract than Carmont.
If Mathers had played well at any point through the season, no doubt he too would be currently linked with a move to ru.
Because I don't "Boo"!!!