Stuart Fielden

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
markill

Re: Stuart Fielden

Post by markill »

the point of this shouldn't be Fielden is better than Fa'asavalu or that fa'asavalu isn't english, it should be that fa'asavalu has been poor this year, not played a lot, and not been in good form of late.

with form seeming to be important for the WC squad (eg. Calders, Smith, Higham, then fielden should be in ahead of fa'asavalu as maurie has been poor and has probably been 5th in line at saints this year if all are fit.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

pedro wrote:Hes been as good as Morley
sorry but i dont agree with that morley has carried wolves forward the second half of the season he was amazing and he had no impact feka to take the strain off.

I think like has been said Feilden has been in good form but not enough over the season to warrent a spot and i also agree fatavalu shouldn't be there. to be honest id have had lynch over the 2 of them. But feka has been left out of the samoan squad so go figure. Its better for Wigan esp in stu's case, he's no spring chicken and he will benifit from another long off season.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
pedro

Post by pedro »

Disagree all you like Wood came back last part of the year and they have Rauhihi and an all international backline and hooker......more support for him than Fielden and he carried our pack to a better position!

See I can be positive :D
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Isn't Smith only taking four props and eight back row in his 24 man squad?

If so that's a risk and as good a reason as any to take Fielden. Five props and seven back row forwards for a touring side seems much better to me.

Dave
markill

Post by markill »

very good point. It shouldn't be seen as 'maurie vs fielden', it should be seen 'why is langley in there at all!? shouldn't maurie and stu both be going instead of him'
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

God wrote: Big Stu had an awful start to this season but progressed into something resembleing his massive wages.
i tend to disagree. he improved (from crap to decent) but still didn't play 'resembling' his pay packet!
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

kirkamania

Post by kirkamania »

Stu was very good last and his clean break at the start of the 2nd half should of done his confidence a power of good, it shouldn't be too bad anyway, and is definitley unluky not to be on the plane. I think if england are goin to get remotley close to australia they have to bash the sh1t out of them up front early on as their is a clear gulf in class between the 2 back lines and i think the best line up for this would have been

1. Wellens
2. Gardner
3. Gleeson
4. Senior
5. Smith
6. Pryce
7. Burrow
8. Morley
9. Roby
10.Graham
11.Peacock
12.Ellis
13.Sinfield

14.Fielden
15.Maurie
16.Hock
17.Mcguire

even this side would struggle so i can't see a bright outcome for englands chances :(
pedro

Post by pedro »

Wilkin instead of Peacock as he is our prop
viva_seddo13

Post by viva_seddo13 »

Peacock has been used at second row for GB in the past and i think if we want to beat the aussies we'll have to do it in the forwards
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Would you not consider Smith would take into account previous internationals. Fielden got thumped by the ausies. Gleeson wasnt't at the races. On past performances both should be in doubt. The walws game proved nothing as the skill factor was too great a gulf. As stated Fielden would not have broken through the oz team so easily. Confidence booster but if they play like that over there medivac insurance better be good. People here have been griping on our pack is not stff enough but you are suggesting Fielden as a main prop. Mary attracts players and stands his ground. That is what is needed. I watched NRL some of the hits were massive. Superleague has few big enforcers from uk stock. Better to keep our lads whole for next season.

Come on Scotland,
Jim