Major problem with Smith / Locking a Post

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Harry Smith

Re: Major problem with Smith

Post by Harry Smith »

Tim is a good un. He says hello to me.
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

i never had anything against tim smith but all i was saying was i dont want wigan signing players with personal issues when they can invest their money wisely so i think tim smith will be a great player when he has time to shine but hope that personal issues can get sorted and not interfere with a skilled player
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Sutty wrote:
Glynola wrote:If 'certain problems' have arisen then it is hardly surprising to me

He quite clearly wasn't clear of all his 'issues' when he came over

If it's giving the club bother then IMO we should get rid, and carry on with recruiting replacements.
Although in reality he will never really be free of his bi-polar issues. That is something that usually stays with people for life. Drug treatments and prescriptions may help subdue and sometimes all but erradicate the problem, but at the end of the day it will probably be with him forever.

If it is issues with his bi-polar disorder that are causing the problems, then it is help that he needs, not being sacked and sent packing. If it is something that he has brought on himself then he should be disciplined accordingly.

Until we all know the facts I recommend that we DON'T go on a witch hunt on pure here say.
Good point "sutty". I was under the impression that wigan placed conditions on tim smith's contract anyway to cover for such eventualities (should they arise).
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
ste lord

Post by ste lord »

Just want to wish Tim all the best for the close season and next season,

We all have issues and its how we deal with them that counts,

With the support of the club and the fans Tim will get rid of any demons,

Come on Smithy you can do it,

Ste.

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

ste lord wrote:Just want to wish Tim all the best for the close season and next season,

We all have issues and its how we deal with them that counts,

With the support of the club and the fans Tim will get rid of any demons,

Come on Smithy you can do it,

Ste.
hear Hear. :eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa2:
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Without going into detail, Tim Smith is getting all the help the club can give him and more. He is saying one thing though and doing another..

Is he trying to help himself

NO!!!!!

markill

Post by markill »

myself and a friend were discussing this last night. I think we decided that if we teach him how to tackle and what the offside rule over here is then that would be a start.

He is a young guy with a health problem miles away from home at a club that is under close scrutiny from its fans. Do it better on the pitch first. That is why he is at the club. And if he is a nice guy like some have said then thats ok too.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

God wrote:I say leave the lad alone, let him get the help, and stop documenting his life story on internet forums. Because its none of our business.

What he does on the pitch is our business, off it, none of ours.
Well I certainly hope there are no false rumours spread about Smith as that won't help matters.

Unfortunately its just a fact of life controversial players like Smith do attract more attention than others. They are just under the microscope more.

As to what he does off the pitch being none of our business I disagree. It's is the same regarding any player and I am sure IL himself said if fans spotted players out if their trees he wanted to know.

I'd like to think our players are professional off the pitch as well as on it and if any player, not just Smith, is seen out on the town getting paralytic during the season you will often see threads about it appear on here or rlfans if someone saw them and then there will be a big debate about it.

Dave
standishwarrior

Post by standishwarrior »

pieater-alex wrote:I'm sure Lenegan said that if we want Tim Smith to be a success here as fans we need to cut out the rumours and jibes at him especially given his well documented illness.

Give the lad a break.

i heard about smithy this morning, without going into it too much on here, the bit in bold seems like we could have seen the last of him in a cherry and white shirt! herd he's very homesick!
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

As soon as the daylight hours diminish and the days (which to us are not too bad) get colder, most of the aussies are looking for warmer climes (return home to you and me)
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll: