I FEEL RIPPED OFF

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
gillysmyhero

I FEEL RIPPED OFF

Post by gillysmyhero »

I,ve just renewed my season ticket today and feel as though IL is exploiting the fans.I,ve got a family season ticket 2 adults & 1 child,when i rang the ticket hotline and said that i wanted to renew my tickets i was told that their is a £2.50 per seat (not per transaction) charge for paying with a debit or credit card (£1.50 per seat if you do it online).This added £7.50 to the total cost of already increased season tickets.The only way you can avoid pay these charges is by paying with cash or cheque.These charges IMO are ripping us off by squeezing every penny out of us that they can
highland convert

Re: I FEEL RIPPED OFF

Post by highland convert »

I used a streamline machine in my business for years. The charge is wrong. The credit card charge is correct as this is only covering the cost to the club but there is no such charge on a debit card. Debit card is the cheepest transaction. About halfas much a cheque charge. If you paid by debit I would take it up with the club,It should not be that the use of a debit card is penalised in this way. You may find it is in error, Jim
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Doesnt all Direct Debit services have the same ethos? you always end up paying more than the original price because payments are spread. Companies like money there and then - if costs are spread they're getting their money later so why not charge? i say good on them, plus there are several charges that Direct Debit offers.

IL isnt the problem nor the Wigan club. Be thankful you have the option to spread payment.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
over the hill

Post by over the hill »

i went to renew season tickets for me and my brother this morning at the ticket office. i paid one cash and one by debit card(maestro).the girl on the desk told me to get them together rather than separately as i would not have to pay the £2.50 booking fee for the debit card. so the answer is simple- swamp the ticket office with cash, pay in 2p coins if possible.after all its dave whelan who pays the ticket office staff
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

ancientnloyal wrote:Doesnt all Direct Debit services have the same ethos? you always end up paying more than the original price because payments are spread. Companies like money there and then - if costs are spread they're getting their money later so why not charge? i say good on them, plus there are several charges that Direct Debit offers.

IL isnt the problem nor the Wigan club. Be thankful you have the option to spread payment.
I think you have misread my post A&L i didnt say Direct Debit i said debit or credit card,meaning debit card.If i go into a shop and pay for something with my credit or debit card they dont charge £2.50 per item i buy do they.
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

highland convert wrote:I used a streamline machine in my business for years. The charge is wrong. The credit card charge is correct as this is only covering the cost to the club but there is no such charge on a debit card. Debit card is the cheepest transaction. About halfas much a cheque charge. If you paid by debit I would take it up with the club,It should not be that the use of a debit card is penalised in this way. You may find it is in error, Jim
I understand the credit card charge per transaction but not on each ticket purchased in one transaction.Like you say HC their should be no charge for the use of a debit card as they are getting the money straight away.

Josie the girl at the ticket office told me that the rugby have started charging per seat/ticket this year on season tickets.Now that you,ve told me i,ve paid 10p a min to ring the ticket office i feel even more cheated.
THE 18th Man

i feel ripped off Too

Post by THE 18th Man »

i aggree with an earlier post about IL taking peoples money because i left school this year and so have to pay £109 to renew but in the book with all the guidlines it states that if im age 14 - 16 i can get secondary junior.

i dont know if IL knows but this country has slowly slipped into reccesion and cant afford this.

all thats left to say is this season best be worth it
AndyLaw

Re: i feel ripped off Too

Post by AndyLaw »

To be honest this is becoming more common with ticket booking. Even concert tickets, where there is a charge per seat PLUS a transaction fee!

The whole thing is a racket. Companies get charged per transaction by banks or credit card authorisation(I know because I look after the transactional side of our companies website). This should be a charge per transaction NOT per seat, so ticket offices are finding extra ways of getting money out of punters.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

ancientnloyal wrote:Doesnt all Direct Debit services have the same ethos? you always end up paying more than the original price because payments are spread. Companies like money there and then - if costs are spread they're getting their money later so why not charge? i say good on them, plus there are several charges that Direct Debit offers.

It is a complete rip off.

Companies like to minimise the cost of handling the transaction. The cheapest way for you to pay them is via debit card or direct debit.

Handling cash or cheques cost them money. Credit cards incur a higher cost to Wigan as the credit card companies take a percentage.

There should be no fee at all for the debit card route. Most companies that do charge for allowing you to use a credit card will not do so for a debit card (e.g. Ikea).

Charging a fee per ticket paid via debit or credit card is also an outrageous rip off especially for the cheaper tickets because as a percentage it becomes very high as it is a fixed fee.

As to the direct debit route and spreading the cost then direct debits are very cheap to process as it's all computerised and so I think the amount of interest they charge (that is basically what they are doing) more than covers the loss of interest they would earn if you paid a one off up front payment.

In other words, its another rip off.

If you want to spread the cost the best way to do it is get yourself a new credit card with a 6 month interest free period and but the ticket on that. The transaction charge is a darn sight less than the amount you pay for the privilege of making Wigan's banking costs cheaper with the direct debit option!

For those of us whop travel it's got to to be debit or credit card payments as it isn't worth the petrol to drive to the ground to pay cash or cheque.

It's just a rip off from start to finish.

Dave
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

You could post a cheque with the renewal form?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆