Re: Leigh & Wigan U21's set to merge?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
joeb

Post by joeb »

heared announsment to be made in a few days,we keep our best players we want and leigh keep who they want,this will then free up some salary money
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Joe,

Does that relate to current players or future ones?
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

cpwigan wrote:The rumour is growing stronger. Shaun Wane to coach it.

IL penny pinching? Leigh to become a feeder club?

Either way at a time when we need more British youngsters playing professionally it seems a backward step. Unless we are planning to loan out 12 youngsters.
Where will the fixtures be played? Is this also a forerunner into wigan moving fixtures to the sports village when a supposed fixture clash occurs with wigan athletic?

I am not against wigan's juniors playing to a much higher degree of competition (NL) using a side as a potential feeder club, not sure exactly what benefits (apart from cost) sharing reserve players would do though.
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

cpwigan wrote:The rumour is growing stronger. Shaun Wane to coach it.

IL penny pinching? Leigh to become a feeder club?

Either way at a time when we need more British youngsters playing professionally it seems a backward step. Unless we are planning to loan out 12 youngsters.

If the players from the u21s are being used as loan players to Leigh to play in NL1 then it would not be a bad idea we have said on here that the u21s need more experience at a higher level.On the other hand i thought that NL1 clubs could only have 3 loan players at any one time but these could be rotated a month at a time.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I would think we would need to loan out to several clubs Jaws.

By my reckoning we have around 20 players too old for the Academy level.
joeb

Post by joeb »

not sure how it is going to work or if it will,because you would have to be sure the players for wigan are going to make it,because i was told we would have the players we want to keep,and leigh would the same.dont know about the others,who may or may not make it
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

So we'll be Wigle U21s?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

joeb wrote:heared announsment to be made in a few days,we keep our best players we want and leigh keep who they want,this will then free up some salary money
Well it would not be a great deal of money as the juniors are supposed to be poorly paid but in any case would such a move not be deemed "against the spirit" of the salary cap?

Dave
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

cant see why theres such a fuss about this ,at junior levell ,wigan and leigh service area stand as 1 .yes there is a lot of noise about stadium share as well :conf:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Perhaps its the under 18s they are talking about, rather than the U21s/reserves
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆