Your First Warriors Match (stole :P)

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
EJC

Re: Your First Warriors Match (stole :P)

Post by EJC »

My first game was wembley 1998 against Sheffield in the Challenge cup final. You know the rest :( . Since then I've only missed 2 finals that we've been in, they also happen to be the only two we've won
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

EJC wrote:My first game was wembley 1998 against Sheffield in the Challenge cup final. You know the rest :( . Since then I've only missed 2 finals that we've been in, they also happen to be the only two we've won
JINX, Ban him, ban him
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

Wigan V Halifax June 2001 cant remember the score but its was good and high woooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooo
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Some of the best matches were v Halfax mid 80's. Wgho can forget the Andy Greg try from the half way line at Thrum Hall.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I remember the cup match in the snow at TH, and the iconic image of a guy wearing a tshirt, stonewash jeans, fag in mouth and pint in the other, his arms red... those were the days
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
slimshady

Post by slimshady »

My first game was Wigan v Huyton, early 80's it was free to get in cause I played a curtain raiser before the game against St John Fisher. Shaun Edwards played against us and they won 10-3, its that long ago it was three points for a try!
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

1995 i think something like that, cant remember it properly, just remember walking through the park with my dad to the stadium...

sat in the posh side with the cherry and white seats, remember a director giving me a poster though put it on my wall when i got home... :D
faz13

Post by faz13 »

think it was 1993 or 94 wigan v widnes 30-0 ht finished 46-12 wigan billy wizz 1st try, ended with a hat trick, first thing that struck me was how big the teams were and been a fan ever since
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Mine was in the mid fifties that long ago I can't remember :lol: but it was boxing day and Billy B was playing was asking my sister tonight :roll:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
doc

Post by doc »

Can't remember who against or year, but late 70s. Green Vigo and George Fairburn were playing for us at the time.