Riddell Song

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
warrior till i die

Re: Riddell Song

Post by warrior till i die »

its so easy to make simple songs one for riddell...

brian noble had a farm eieio
and on that farm he had a pig eieio
with a pass pass here
and a pass pass there
here a pass
there a pass
everywhere a pass pass
brian noble had a farm eieieiooooooooooo

and one for eamon ocarroll to the tune of viva ronaldo

eamon ocarroll, eamon ocarroll
when he gets the ball
here the wigan roar
eamon ocarroll....

and one for richards..

we'll drink a drink a drink to pat the king the king the king
hes the leader of our rugby team
hes the greatest irish aussie
that the worlllldddd has ever seen
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

To the tune of the Mahna Mahna song http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YevYBsShxNs

Riddell Riddell
Do doo be-do-do
Riddell Riddell
Do do-do do
Riddell Riddell
Do doo be-do-do be-do-do be-do-do be-do-do-doodle do do do-doo do!

To the tune of Give it up by KC and the Sunshine band, http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jtQlRsYqpWE

Na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na
Gareth Gareth Hock
Gareth Hock
Gareth Gareth Hock

Na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na
Gareth Gareth Hock
Gareth Hock
Gareth Gareth Hock

To the tune of Hey Jude by The Beatles http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YXG83p2nkHw

Na Na Na Na Na Na Na
Na Na Na Na, Hey Joel!
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

To the tune of Oh my God By the Kaiser Chiefs
"Oh my god I can't believe it we've never played this well away from home"

To the tune of Let It Be by the Beatles:
"When we find ourselves in times of trouble, Brian Noble, comes to me. Speaking words of wisdom, Bailey! Bailey Bailey Bailey Bailey"

"All things bright and beautiful All creatures great and small. Wigan rule the Super League, St Helens rule f**k all!"

Aimed at Saints fans
"You only sing when your stealing, sing when your stealing"
Paleaaesina_Da_Beast

Post by Paleaaesina_Da_Beast »

I think the viva ronaldo ones a good idea but how about

Tommy lu-lu-ai, tommy lu-lu-ai, tommy lu-lu-ai,
When he gets the ball
Hear the wigan roar
Tommy luluai

one i have said in the past:

Anderson tune,

Gareth Hock Hock hock
He is better than peacock
Gareth Hock Hock Hock
Everyone thinks he's a cock
To the left
to the right
he will never lose a fight
He is fast he is strong
And he'll f***in nail sean long

but no us wigan fans are not allowed to swear like everyone else

oh well
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/x+Danny+Ric+x.png[/img]

--------

Gaz Hock, Man of Steel 2009

---------

Bradford 30 - 31 Wigan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

The trouble is with a some of these suggestions is that a lot of people don't know the tunes you are referring to (me included in that lol) Kaiser chiefs? the only one of theirs I know is Ruby Ruby Ruby, - the tune for viva ronaldo ??? so you see its not that we don't want to sing or chant but if we don't know the words/tunes and they are not very catchy, its quite hard for old fogies like me to pick up the songs. :blush:

As for the swearing.... ...if you need to use swear words to express yourself well ......its sad, don't get me wrong I can swear as well as the next person, I understand that when there are young children about you do need to control your vocabulary, I sometimes struggle and end up apologising to people around me when it slips out :blush: but the people round me are all adults so accept my apology (hopefully)

:roll:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
jayzn

Post by jayzn »

Just a Suggestion, insted of "Who Let The Dogs OUt"

"Who Let the Pig Out - Who, Who, Who, Who, Who"

Or

To the "Calderwood makes you look sh**e tune"

"He eats what is left,
He downs a dozen pints
Mark Riddel is up for a fight!"

What ya think?
Paleaaesina_Da_Beast

Post by Paleaaesina_Da_Beast »

All things bright and beautiful All Teams great and small. Wigan rule the Super League, and St Helens rule f**k all

i like that one,

On a different note, Wigan need an anthem

st. helens - oh when the saints
leeds - marching on together
bradford - bully bully

being one of the top teams we should have an anthem like all good teams do
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/x+Danny+Ric+x.png[/img]

--------

Gaz Hock, Man of Steel 2009

---------

Bradford 30 - 31 Wigan
tonyjoe

Post by tonyjoe »

josie andrews wrote:The trouble is with a some of these suggestions is that a lot of people don't know the tunes you are referring to (me included in that lol) Kaiser chiefs? the only one of theirs I know is Ruby Ruby Ruby, - the tune for viva ronaldo ??? so you see its not that we don't want to sing or chant but if we don't know the words/tunes and they are not very catchy, its quite hard for old fogies like me to pick up the songs. :blush:

As for the swearing.... ...if you need to use swear words to express yourself well ......its sad, don't get me wrong I can swear as well as the next person, I understand that when there are young children about you do need to control your vocabulary, I sometimes struggle and end up apologising to people around me when it slips out :blush: but the people round me are all adults so accept my apology (hopefully)

MY opinion re the noise at the home games is that a lot of the fans dont know the words to some of the chants and songs.Ive often thought about maybe there should be some sort of song sheet or booklet that could be handed out at the home games !!! This would only need to be done a few times.The fans keep the sheet or booklet and take it to the games until they know the words !! I for one have been going watchin Wigan for many a year and have to admitt i dont know quite a lot of the songs.Plus if everyone knows the words = more fans singing = more noise !!!.

Just a thought.

MY opinion re the noise at the home games is that a lot of the fans dont know the words to some of the chants and songs.Ive often thought about maybe there should be some sort of song sheet or booklet that could be handed out at the home games !!! This would only need to be done a few times.The fans keep the sheet or booklet and take it to the games until they know the words !! I for one have been going watchin Wigan for many a year and have to admitt i dont know quite a lot of the songs.Plus if everyone knows the words = more fans singing = more noise !!!.

Just a thought.

Just a thought.

:roll:
Bear

Post by Bear »

Paleaaesina_Da_ Beast wrote:All things bright and beautiful All Teams great and small. Wigan rule the Super League, and St Helens rule f**k all

i like that one,

bradford - bully bully

I agree mate, something everyone will know us for... What we can put on our scalfs. Like liverpools YNWA. I had one with the tune of the sash my father wore.. But just wouldnt catch on at all. It was called the scalf my father wore. Thought it was pretty good myself
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Bear wrote:
Paleaaesina_Da_ Beast wrote:All things bright and beautiful All Teams great and small. Wigan rule the Super League, and St Helens rule f**k all

i like that one,

bradford - bully bully

I agree mate, something everyone will know us for... What we can put on our scalfs. Like liverpools YNWA. I had one with the tune of the sash my father wore.. But just wouldnt catch on at all. It was called the scalf my father wore. Thought it was pretty good myself
We have the "everywhere we go etc " but we did sing, and were in the 80's, synonymous with Tina Turner's "Simply the Best" but then Bradford started using it when they won. Don't know if anyone noticed or not but today the latics were playing the theme from 'Gladiator' prior to kickoff :angry: as do Warrigton now )
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan