Re: Wigan-Warriors.com is sponsoring Karl Pryce next year. Wigan-Warriors.com may be easily...

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Wigan-Warriors.com is sponsoring Karl Pryce next year. Wigan-Warriors.com may be...

Post by josie andrews »

cpwigan wrote:I like several of the badges

I am 99.9% certain the crest is a town crest that dates back 100 yrs + ago and has no copyright. Wigan was actually far more important historically than many other NWest towns/cities. I believe it was the first town to be awarded a market charter for example.
Wigan is the largest settlement in the Metropolitan Borough of Wigan and is its administrative centre. The town of Wigan had a total population of 81,203 in 2001,[2] whilst the wider borough has a population of 305,600.

Historically a part of Lancashire, Wigan was in the territory of the Brigantes, an ancient Celtic tribe. The Romans conquered the area in the 1st century and established a settlement, possibly that of Coccium. Wigan is believed to have been incorporated as a borough in 1246 following the issue of a Charter by King Henry III of England. At the end of the Middle Ages it was one of four boroughs in Lancashire possessing Royal charters, the others being Lancaster, Liverpool, and Preston.

During the Industrial Revolution Wigan experienced dramatic economic expansion and a rapid rise in the population. Although porcelain manufacture and clock making had been major industries in the town, Wigan has since become known as a major mill town and coal mining district.[3] The first coal mine was established at Wigan in 1450 and at its peak there were 1,000 pit shafts within 5 miles (8 km) of the town centre.[3] Mining was so extensive that one of its town councillors once remarked that "a coal mine in the backyard was not uncommon in Wigan".[4] Coal mining ceased during the latter part of the 20th century. In 1974, Wigan became a part of Greater Manchester.

Wigan Pier, a wharf on the Leeds and Liverpool Canal, was made famous by the writer George Orwell. In his book, The Road to Wigan Pier, Orwell highlighted the poor working and living conditions of the local inhabitants during the 1930s. Following the decline of industrial activities in the region, Wigan Pier's collection of warehouses and wharfs became a local heritage centre and cultural quarter
When you think, we have a proud heritage :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Matthew-Warrior

Re: Wigan-Warriors.com is sponsoring Karl Pryce next year. Wigan-Warriors.com may be...

Post by Matthew-Warrior »

cherrywarrior wrote:or this one to go more with the website theme, lol, can u tell im v bored and have found some new buttons on my laptop te he he he he he....

[IMG]http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37 ... anscom.png[/IMG]
This is very good indeed. :)
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I like mikes.

https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

ancientnloyal wrote:I like mikes.

That a very good one A&L plus no copyright infringement either :lol: :lol: Nice an original concept.

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The worrying thing is A&L is qualified to quite a high degree in computing. I blame the teachers!!

Good effort bud

P.S No Chav caps tomorrow
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

To be a Chav is not part of my savoir-faire
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

THE 18th Man wrote:
cherrywarrior wrote:hmm ok let me see if this works

we cant use anything with the club emblam on its trade marked so come on tecno fobs get designing,i approached the club and have been informed this think we need our own creat any way

[IMG]http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37 ... anFans.jpg[/IMG]

thats exactly what i pictured, great art work
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
cherrywarrior

Post by cherrywarrior »

I did think it would be, we will just have to get very creative!
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!