Who asked for the sponsorship threads to be deleted?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
FROM A TO B

Re: Who asked for the sponsorship threads to be deleted?

Post by FROM A TO B »

Good job i'm thick skinned!

As advised, for the sake of what may or may not have cost the club a sponsorship deal, is deleting a couple of threads really that much to get worked up about. Lots of people do seem to know who it is (allegedly) and I do not know what in the threads may or may not have jeapordised the deal.
Why is everone getting worked up?
As already advised, mike was not on line,but he is OK with what I did and why.

Can we please just let this drop and start looking forward to the season :)
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
joeb

Post by joeb »

i used to go to the mecca as well, in the 70s it was great all on the coach from the gas showrooms, oh happy days,cant beat a bit of northern :lol:
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

FROM A TO B wrote:Good job i'm thick skinned!

As advised, for the sake of what may or may not have cost the club a sponsorship deal, is deleting a couple of threads really that much to get worked up about. Lots of people do seem to know who it is (allegedly) and I do not know what in the threads may or may not have jeapordised the deal.

Sutty

Post by Sutty »

GeoffN wrote:

I couldn't have put it better myself :lol: :eusa2:

TRICKY DICKY

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

I just hope the pie and peas was served with a nice slice of bread :wink: and butter at tonights forum.
ALL GOOD THINGS ARE WORTH WAITING FOR

WIGAN R.L.F.C. - A WAY OF LIFE
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
joeb

Post by joeb »

can we please put this topic to bed now he only had the clubs interest at heart,it has gone on to long now,some people makeing childish coments want some warm milk :conf:
cbinder

Post by cbinder »

i am sorry if i have broke any rules off this site i was cotacted by a member of staff from wigan asking did i know the owner of this site as i didnt i asked another member could they get in touch with him to ask would it be possible to remove the message as he was not on they asked a mod would it be possible to remove i did not do this to get anyone in trouble i was just doing a favour for a contact of mine and it is not mick hogan.had i know how much trouble is was going to cause i would of not asked for it to be done if mike wants to get in touch with me on pm i will talk to him and explain why i was asked to do it
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Craig relax it is not an issue.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

As advised, for the sake of what may or may not have cost the club a sponsorship deal,
I think that is the most ludicrous thing about this whole episode.

The notion a mock up shirt picture with the sponsors name on it would cost the club the deal is ridiculous IMO.

Far more likely they didn't want their thunder stolen about the announcement. It is their own fault for running an operation that can't keep anything confidential stuff like this gets posted. Numerous people already knew the sponsor anyway and it would be obvious to the sponsor that was the case.
is deleting a couple of threads really that much to get worked up about. Lots of people do seem to know who it is (allegedly) and I do not know what in the threads may or may not have jeapordised the deal.
None IMO. Sponsors enter into sponsorship agreements for publicity.
Simply because the club have censored the content of this (and rlfans) message board. If you can't see the implications of that...

Dave