Andy Farrell Question

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
ancientnloyal

Re: Andy Farrell Question

Post by ancientnloyal »

warrior49 wrote:Should have gone to specsavers
Vision Express have a better deal on branded specs... if you're interested, shop around.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
pemps

Post by pemps »

medlocke wrote:are you sure your not thinking of the Leeds player Anthony Farrell who was a big black guy from Leeds :ques:
There was another Andrew Farrell. He was Anthony Farrell's brother. I think he started at Huddersfiield and ended up at Batley. He was an incredibly strong winger.

I remember his appearance on Gladiators and when he played that game were they have to put balls in baskets whilst the Gladiators try and tackle them, a little like rugby, he was just running over that big fella who was from St Helens (His name escapes me).
Maroon

Post by Maroon »

He played for queens a couple of years ago when we drew them in the challenge cup
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

pemps wrote:
medlocke wrote:are you sure your not thinking of the Leeds player Anthony Farrell who was a big black guy from Leeds :ques:
There was another Andrew Farrell. He was Anthony Farrell's brother. I think he started at Huddersfiield and ended up at Batley. He was an incredibly strong winger.

I remember his appearance on Gladiators and when he played that game were they have to put balls in baskets whilst the Gladiators try and tackle them, a little like rugby, he was just running over that big fella who was from St Helens (His name escapes me).
Did not know that, although probably saw the name a few times back then, it's funny the things you forget after several outings to the Pier :wink:
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

I was talking to the nipper about this last night. She has a better memory than mine for Gladiators detail.

Andy Farell was from Dewsbury. In the Glads he was finally knocked out in a Galdiators semi final in a Dewsbury derby of all things - by a kickboxing world champ called Buster.

Quality entertainment for all the family. :o
shawxshark

Post by shawxshark »

weststand-rich wrote:I was talking to the nipper about this last night. She has a better memory than mine for Gladiators detail.

Andy Farell was from Dewsbury. In the Glads he was finally knocked out in a Galdiators semi final in a Dewsbury derby of all things - by a kickboxing world champ called Buster.

Quality entertainment for all the family. :o
i'm from dewsbury but i carn't remember the guy but i'll ask some of lads tomorrow at training see what i can find out?