Wigan R.L Public Relations

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Wigan R.L Public Relations

Post by cpwigan »

I enjoyed the meeting but was staggered by the approach to publicising the club. Lindsay was a master at getting Wigan R.L and the clubs view into the media.

The present regime do not publicise good news. We have a new finance director, we have a new skills coach (Dave Lyon), a new assistant conditioner, a new unfilled position, anew wrestling experts.

All this should be drip fed at regular intervals to the media and then to supporters. Fans / prospective season ticket holder want to hear good news. If you want to sell something you need to push push and push. All we have had is bad news (kit delays etc)

If you inform supporters what is happening, the rumours / leaks will decline. Secrecy / ignorance breeds rumours / gossip.

Likewise, please IL defend the club. I support Wigan. However, I want to see DW making statements in his match day programme re the ludicrous rugby pitch accusations. I want to see IL / DW together in the press slamming how Wigan is treated. Why are Wigan Athletic shown last consistently on MOTD. If IL / DW do not want bitterness between Wigan's rugby and football fans then they have to lead from the front. It is no good being shocked / horrified or ignoring problems. DW has a lot of bridges to build whether he likes it or not. The two clubs should be uniting the people of Wigan against anti Wigan bias in the Media etc etc
josie andrews

Re: Wigan R.L Public Relations

Post by josie andrews »

cpwigan wrote:I enjoyed the meeting but was staggered by the approach to publicising the club. Lindsay was a master at getting Wigan R.L and the clubs view into the media.

The present regime do not publicise good news. We have a new finance director, we have a new skills coach (Dave Lyon), a new assistant conditioner, a new unfilled position, anew wrestling experts.

All this should be drip fed at regular intervals to the media and then to supporters. Fans / prospective season ticket holder want to hear good news. If you want to sell something you need to push push and push. All we have had is bad news (kit delays etc)

If you inform supporters what is happening, the rumours / leaks will decline. Secrecy / ignorance breeds rumours / gossip.

Likewise, please IL defend the club. I support Wigan. However, I want to see DW making statements in his match day programme re the ludicrous rugby pitch accusations. I want to see IL / DW together in the press slamming how Wigan is treated. Why are Wigan Athletic shown last consistently on MOTD. If IL / DW do not want bitterness between Wigan's rugby and football fans then they have to lead from the front. It is no good being shocked / horrified or ignoring problems. DW has a lot of bridges to build whether he likes it or not. The two clubs should be uniting the people of Wigan against anti Wigan bias in the Media etc etc
So very well put Cp, it was a good idea me putting you in the front row :roll: I get too passionate regarding Wigan Rugby and perhaps my heart rules my head sometimes so what I want to say comes out in a garbled frenzied outburst. :blush:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cherrywarrior

Post by cherrywarrior »

IL/Nobby are sooooooooooooooooo not in my good books at the minute!

Another flaming aussie over here for his pension, for god sake stop it and have faith in the younger lads, If there is no promotion/relegation for another 2 season, why not give um a chance!
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think Amos is better than some recent signings E.G Phelps. If the club is serious about few but top drawer imports and giving tjhe youngsters opportunities then they need to do so and I will praise them. As it stands it is only talk. 2009 will see if they walk the walk etc.
sudokuwarrior

Post by sudokuwarrior »

I read in the press a comment or supposed comment from IL saying he wanted to kill DW over the match played at Widnes. If this is true it is not a statement I would expect from the chairman of a top rugby league club.
The futures Brett, The future's orange!!!

2007- A fan-tash-tic season!!!!!!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Sudo it was said in jest and straight after saying it he said he agreed with the decision taken.
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

sudokuwarrior wrote:I read in the press a comment or supposed comment from IL saying he wanted to kill DW over the match played at Widnes. If this is true it is not a statement I would expect from the chairman of a top rugby league club.
Perhaps if you'd attended the meeting in person and heard the comment in full, rather than unquestioningly accepting prejudiced hearsay, you would not have been forced to this hasty and ill-considered conclusion.
sudokuwarrior

Post by sudokuwarrior »

Spoken in jest or not it is not something I would like to hear from tha chairman of our club. I am still waiting to be impressed by IL because up to now he has done nothing to make me feel any more satisfied with him. I do not make hasty or ill-judged decisions.
The futures Brett, The future's orange!!!

2007- A fan-tash-tic season!!!!!!!
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

sudokuwarrior wrote:I read in the press a comment or supposed comment from IL saying he wanted to kill DW over the match played at Widnes. If this is true it is not a statement I would expect from the chairman of a top rugby league club.
I think the statement was made regarding the ground share issue when we had to go to Widnes and was hastily re arranged.Going on the ground share IL did state that there would be a clash of fixtures ie cup matches/play offs the Stadium company has the last say in the matter.In the same comment about stadium sharing he said that DW was coming in for a lot of stick about the state of the pitch even to this day the press are still harping on about the rugby being played there they dont realise our last match was played there last August DW does not blame the rugby and has stated publicly in the media. One thing is for certain we will not be able to play a match before the Latics ie we play Friday and they play Saturday.This has come up in our first fixture against Wakefield the Latics play Saturday and we play on the following day Sunday.
luke_robinsons_angel

Post by luke_robinsons_angel »

jaws1 wrote: One thing is for certain we will not be able to play a match before the Latics ie we play Friday and they play Saturday.This has come up in our first fixture against Wakefield the Latics play Saturday and we play on the following day Sunday.
so they won't play on the good state of pitch that we leave but we have to play on a torn up pitch which they have ripped up 24 hours before.

hardly fair is it?
Saints are just wiganers who haven't fully evolved

RIP Mike Gregory, one of lifes real legends.