"New Sponsor"

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
GeoffN

Re: "New Sponsor"

Post by GeoffN »

DaveO wrote:Does anyone know what sort of deal other clubs are getting in terms of how much cash their main sponsor brings in?

Dave
I remember the Saints deal with Earth, before they went bust, was £250k per year. Don't know any others, offhand.
wiggydoran

Post by wiggydoran »

Saints have got the biggest revenue from main sponsership. they need it cos they have no fans!

I think it was around a £1m for 3 seasons. but i ain't sure.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

wiggydoran wrote:Saints have got the biggest revenue from main sponsership. they need it cos they have no fans!

I think it was around a £1m for 3 seasons. but i ain't sure.
With figures like that, I sense another company that has sponsored st helens going bust!
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

GeoffN wrote:
DaveO wrote:Does anyone know what sort of deal other clubs are getting in terms of how much cash their main sponsor brings in?

Dave
I remember the Saints deal with Earth, before they went bust, was £250k per year. Don't know any others, offhand.
Anything more recent anyone as I doubt £250K a season is going to be forthcoming form any company in the current climate? The figures I have heard fall way short of this but may be good in given the state of the economy.

Dave
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

Ok

let me put this to you

if

all the season ticket holders ( and may be other supporters as well) where asked to put £10 , £20, 0r what ever each into sponsor ship of the team for one season and all shirts would have " Loyal 18" on them what you you all think of that

As a one off i am sure if not all but most of us would be willing to do this

or once again would i be wrong
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

DaveO wrote:
GeoffN wrote:

Dave
Anything more recent anyone as I doubt £250K a season is going to be forthcoming form any company in the current climate? The figures I have heard fall way short of this but may be good in given the state of the economy.

Dave
I've been doing some Googling, but all the releases I've found don't mention the amount!
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

OAM wrote:I have been told that the new sponsor is going to be a bloody Bingo hall

as any one else any knowledge of this :exc: :exc: :exc: :exc: :exc: :exc: :exc:
This is an extraordinary post and one that I strongly disagree with.
Latchford_Albion

Post by Latchford_Albion »

We've waited this long and lets face it MECCA has got be a far bigger plus point than flippin' GALA ...... Count yer lucky stars its not PUKKA PIES !!
Glenno
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Latchford_Albio n wrote:We've waited this long and lets face it MECCA has got be a far bigger plus point than flippin' GALA ...... Count yer lucky stars its not PUKKA PIES !!
Welcome to the site :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

There isnt even a Mecca Bingo in Wigan, closest one is in St helens or Bolton town centre...

there are 2 Gala Bingo's one slap bang outside our ground.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame