"New Sponsor"

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Kiwiseddon

Re: "New Sponsor"

Post by Kiwiseddon »

I see the point that everyone's making about the sponsor about it making financial sense and that's fine. It's just that Mecca Bingo, to me, is a bit naff. It's just not a brand name that I'd associate with any Rugby League Team. If it makes sense finacially, we don't really have a choice but how many people will be put off buying the shirt 'cos of the sponsor. Will the club lose money that way??
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
El Bobbers

Post by El Bobbers »

I don't see what the problem is, in the current climate I don't believe there will be to many companies looking to spend money on sponsorship. If Mecca Bingo is the best offer then so be it, I doubt they will pull there sponsorship or go bust.

Didn't Saints have there sponsor go bust on them not long a go? and I don't think West Brom even have a sponsor do they and thats in a sport and league with more coverage and publicity than most.

As for not being a sponsor you would associate with RL, it's nothing, in last seasons British Superbikes one of the teams was sponsored by Tena For Men!!!! :o

Do the trees feel cold when the wind blows?
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

El Bobbers wrote: As for not being a sponsor you would associate with RL, it's nothing, in last seasons British Superbikes one of the teams was sponsored by Tena For Men!!!! :o
I nearly p****d myself when I read that.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

El Bobbers

Post by El Bobbers »

gpartin wrote:
El Bobbers wrote: As for not being a sponsor you would associate with RL, it's nothing, in last seasons British Superbikes one of the teams was sponsored by Tena For Men!!!! :o
LOL :lol: Toilet humor you can't beat it.
Do the trees feel cold when the wind blows?
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

El Bobbers wrote:
gpartin wrote:
LOL :lol: Toilet humor you can't beat it.
Tried to think of a pun involving the word pampers but couldn't think of any... Not a nappy bunny :lol:
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

pieater-alex wrote:
All adds up in making that £1.5 million.
Where have you got that figure from?

The combination of mecca and tote added up to £100K a season (and its one season with an option of another).

Where is the other £1.4m coming from?

Dave
wiggydoran

Post by wiggydoran »

Just herd that Mecca have said that saints would have been their 1st choice rugby league side to sponser but they could never garentee them a full house!!

:lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

wiggydoran wrote:Just herd that Mecca have said that saints would have been their 1st choice rugby league side to sponser but they could never garentee them a full house!!

:lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:
Good one!

:D