Wigan make a bid for Solomona

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
DaveO

Re: Wigan make a bid for Solomona

Post by DaveO »

thomo wrote:who are we not prepared to pay for - we are not been linked with anyone are we?
We have been linked with just about every class player who has become available but they have all gone elsewhere.

We have not made one single stand out signing for 2009.

Dave

El Bobbers

Post by El Bobbers »

Don't need him, 2nd row is our strongest position and we have plenty of cover there and some quality youngsters coming through. I'm not sure about prop?

Re Bird wouldn't we have had to release one of the other aussies to bring him in? This would have released some cash wouldn't it?
Do the trees feel cold when the wind blows?
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

DaveO wrote:
thomo wrote:who are we not prepared to pay for - we are not been linked with anyone are we?
We have been linked with just about every class player who has become available but they have all gone elsewhere.

Dave
No use signing players that cannot get work permits! You thought that todd carney at huddersfield would leave wigan with "egg on their faces" so as to speak for not signing him.
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
pedro

Post by pedro »

Was due to him beign a convict fro drink driving. So unless people have been convicted of crimes they will be allowed over.
TRICKY DICKY

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

If solomona was to come and be used as a prop in a direct swap for bailey i would be pleased.
ALL GOOD THINGS ARE WORTH WAITING FOR

WIGAN R.L.F.C. - A WAY OF LIFE
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

personally i think we have 2 of the strongest 2nd rowers in super league with Hocky and Hansen....

no need to sign him imo
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

wall_of_voodoo wrote:
DaveO wrote:

Dave
No use signing players that cannot get work permits! You thought that todd carney at huddersfield would leave wigan with "egg on their faces" so as to speak for not signing him.
Did I really? Link? It doesn't matter anyway because it is true we have not made one stand out signing for 2009 and other teams have. Ryles at Les cats is THE player we should have gone for out of all the ones we missed out on as everyone including IL has said we need a prop.

Instead were in discussion with Wakefield about Moore!

Dave
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

DaveO wrote:
wall_of_voodoo wrote:
DaveO wrote: We have been linked with just about every class player who has become available but they have all gone elsewhere.

Dave
Did I really? Link? It doesn't matter anyway because it is true we have not made one stand out signing for 2009 and other teams have. Ryles at Les cats is THE player we should have gone for out of all the ones we missed out on as everyone including IL has said we need a prop.

Instead were in discussion with Wakefield about Moore!

Dave
Was reading somewhere that he had been ill and lost 2 stone. Maybe thats holding the deal up who knows
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

pedro wrote:Was due to him beign a convict fro drink driving. So unless people have been convicted of crimes they will be allowed over.
Still didn't change his opinion that he would be one of the "stand out" signings of the year did it?

And btw, whilst you brought it up - Do you think anyone convicted of a criminal offense should be allowed to work or holiday in this country without impingement?, or do we not have enough convicts/thugs/criminals of our own that we need to import them just for a few hours a week of rugby?
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Having thought a little about it he could go well for us ....... the thought of him ,Piggy, Hock and Fekka would give us some real go forward and all have good offloads ,we also have a more potent backline a lot of if's about a deal though .
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!