Sonny Bill Williams

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
outback wiganer

Sonny Bill Williams

Post by outback wiganer »

Heard a rumour that Sonny Bill Williams agent is having talks with Huddersfield about a possible switch back to Rugby League. Not worked out for him at French union and coach of French team that took him there has left so he wants out. Not sure how Giants can afford star player like SBW, but may be only on short term thing or loan deal.
cpwigan

Re: Sonny Bill Williams

Post by cpwigan »

I presume they have the money earmarked for Todd Carney available
outback wiganer

Post by outback wiganer »

Apparently he's on a million pound contract at union. Cant see how Huddersfield can match that. Unless they have a very good accountant like some other teams seem to have.
CBWarrior

Post by CBWarrior »

I dont think they have to match it.

If he is desperate for a switch back to league then Super League might be his only chance, can't see anyone from the NRL signing him!

So if true, and he is desperate to get back to League then he would probably sign for a lesser salary, He'll also be aware of the salary cap rules etc, and wont demand such a massive contract
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Has sonny bill any "skeletons in the closet" as regards convictions?

Not sure by I thought he had been in trouble with the law during his time at canterbury, so this might happen as much as the croker and carney signings. :wink:
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

If he has any problems in his life then surely we must be looking to sign him!

eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

i think this visa problem is becoming a joke. you get all sorts of imigrants coming here who has criminal records and they dont get refused. sport players should not get refused unless they have raped or murdered someone
IN WANE WE TRUST
pedro

Post by pedro »

Anyone who comes in with a job already got should be allowed in as they will pay into the system. Although Australia wouldnt let you in for a visa with convictions
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Its becoming a joke, this country takes asylum seekers without a passport. They have no proof of previous history of any kind. Yet we refuse a rugby player with a conviction of some minor offence. They may be better off loosing their passport and claim asylum here to get a club and a job.
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

A lot of Saddam Hussain's hit men now reside in England under political assylum as does many extremists. If they were coming to play onion rugby there would be a red carpet on the runway Jim