Leigh Game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Leigh Game

Post by josie andrews »

EJC wrote:Who played well today then? Did smith look a bit more lively?
Yes, he never shut up all thru the game and told Feilden off twice in the first half for being in the wrong position when Leigh kicked off lol, the third time he got it right to a load of cheers from us lot in the South stand :lol:
Got a bit angry when a leyther tried to muscle in on Sam Tomkins and the second time they did it, him and Feka had go at the leyther, Feka being spoken to by the ref :roll:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
pedro

Post by pedro »

Hats off to Smith there Josie he was first man in to defend Sam. Thought he looked and kicked well today...a very good pass for first try.

I thought so too, he is very vocal and he was directing players all the time. Lockers and Leuluai both had big games as well, Lulu played hooker. Don't know what was wrong with Mark Riddell, but when I looked thru my binocs at him in the dugoug looked like he was drinkng a can of Carlsberg lol :wink: it wouldn't have been tho' :doz:
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

pedro wrote:
Hats off to Smith there Josie he was first man in to defend Sam. Thought he looked and kicked well today...a very good pass for first try.

I thought so too, he is very vocal and he was directing players all the time. Lockers and Leuluai both had big games as well, Lulu played hooker. Don't know what was wrong with Mark Riddell, but when I looked thru my binocs at him in the dugoug looked like he was drinkng a can of Carlsberg lol :wink: it wouldn't have been tho' :doz:
Report here:

http://www.wigantoday.net/warriors/Warr ... 4932724.jp

How did Flanagan do at hooker? And what's up with McIlorum?

Looks like a good game, judging from the press reports! I like the sound of Coley backing up an 80-metre break by Phelps! :D
pedro

Post by pedro »

To be fair Phelps didnt look to quick over the 80. Only people whi bothered chasing caught him. We looked lean and trim and thought we defended well.

Was more concerned over not having piggy than MM
tonyjoe

Post by tonyjoe »

josie andrews wrote:
EJC wrote:Who played well today then? Did smith look a bit more lively?
Yes, he never shut up all thru the game and told Feilden off twice in the first half for being in the wrong position when Leigh kicked off lol, the third time he got it right to a load of cheers from us lot in the South stand :lol:
Got a bit angry when a leyther tried to muscle in on Sam Tomkins and the second time they did it, him and Feka had go at the leyther, Feka being spoken to by the ref :roll:
Paleaaesina_Da_Beast

Post by Paleaaesina_Da_Beast »

Smith looked better and lively,

Coleys try was a gud un, dissapointed how Phelps didnt finish it off but 6 points non the less

i think we played well without Piggy and hope he's k for next week

Pryce - v.dissapointed, he touched the ball once and made no tackles and went off limping, IMO other than his size looks like no threat at all

Lockers and Hock played outstanding as did Feka

Sam got a good run but didnt stand out as much as the Warrington game as Smith was bossing things more - loved how Smith and Feka looked out for him in that lil arjy barjy

overall satisfied and think we'll win comfertably next week with Piggy, Roberts added

BTW not sure why roberts wasnt playing?
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/x+Danny+Ric+x.png[/img]

--------

Gaz Hock, Man of Steel 2009

---------

Bradford 30 - 31 Wigan
slimshady

Post by slimshady »

pedro wrote:To be fair Phelps didnt look to quick over the 80. Only people whi bothered chasing caught him. We looked lean and trim and thought we defended well.

Was more concerned over not having piggy than MM
Piggy had a knock on his ankle so he was rested cause they want him right for Wakefield.
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

i was so cold i didnt chear for the Baily try because i couldnt move. there was 6,000+ on and i swear there was about 60% warriors. leigh are useless, first offical match and their biggest match of the year in a local derby and they cant even turn out - i laugh at the fact they say they want to be in the super league.

team played well but a couple of errors. best move was in the first half but we ended up knocking it on after god knows how many passes.

really a training match with a couple of collisions especialy with the dirty leigh players but wigan soon sorted them out.

i hope Bentham refs better in Super League because despite 1 or 2 calls he was dire
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

i enjoyed the game.
anyone see jason robinson? i saw him come in ground with noble and dave lyon
IN WANE WE TRUST
proud_pie_eater

Post by proud_pie_eater »

How did I miss that!!!!! Jason Robinson OMG gutted!
NUMBER 1 SPOT HERE WE COME!!!