Who will be Number 22?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
old hooker

Re: Who will be Number 22?

Post by old hooker »

Please make me a happy man Mr Noble,Mathers and Fielden on loan for the season then we could get 2 props which is what we are desperate for.It aint gonna happen though.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

DaveO wrote:
Really?

Lenagan eyes one more recruit

Yours was taken from an article on wigantoday on the 30th Jan and the first paragraph says:
Wigan are unlikely to make any late additions to their playing squad before the big Super League XIV kick-off next weekend, according to chairman Ian Lenagan.
and later Lenagan is quoted as saying:
"I think it will be unlikely by the start of the season," Lenagan admitted on the eve of the Warriors' final pre-season friendly at neighbours Leigh this Sunday."
From the link I posted which was posted 3rd Feb:
Warriors chairman Ian Lenagan has not ruled out a third signing ahead of Sunday's Super League opener against Wakefield Wildcats at the JJB Stadium.
and later Lenagan is quoted as saying:
Lenagan said: "We might get one more in – we are talking to a couple of players." "Whether they will become available in the next few days or weeks or not at all is something I can't predict, but we've got to be ready."
So I can only assume we started talking to these players sometime between Saturday and Tuesday! Or IL is making it up as he goes along :lol:

Dave
More like the paper is "creating" news for generating sales!
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
sini_matthew_clayton

Post by sini_matthew_clayton »

I personally feel that a mid-season signing is inevitable.I have heard lots of rumours about the possible signings of various different stars,sonny bill and solomona just to name a few.Although i do feel that we need a world class forward who has the will to play for the badge :exc: Adam Blair would be a quality signing and wouldnt cost alot of money.
Italian.Polish.Irish.Iceland
Bear

Post by Bear »

sini_matthew_cl ayton wrote:I personally feel that a mid-season signing is inevitable.I have heard lots of rumours about the possible signings of various different stars,sonny bill and solomona just to name a few.Although i do feel that we need a world class forward who has the will to play for the badge :exc: Adam Blair would be a quality signing and wouldnt cost alot of money.
I agree with what you or you lot are saying about needing players who will play for the badge on their chest. The roumours about Sonny Bill and Solomona are wrong. You hear them once then never again.
For me unless we sign a good 6 we wont have a chace. We have lost a lot in terms of leadership with the departure of Barrett. I totally agree with the pride point. Adam Blair would be a great signing. I think if we were to sign anyone it would be a leader... A Farrell a Lamb, Cassidy, O'Connor. All these names were great leaders/Organisers.

I wouldnt mind having a good 6 but Smith did have a better game than normall before anyone slates me.

By the way... Are you matty sini and clayton from Golbourne?
:D
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Sonny Bill has a visa and he is over here now, and he is the closest you will get to Jesus
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

ddtftf wrote:Sonny Bill has a visa and he is over here now, and he is the closest you will get to Jesus
Not much use if he's gonna be dead over the weekend.
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

GeoffN wrote:
ddtftf wrote:Sonny Bill has a visa and he is over here now, and he is the closest you will get to Jesus
Maybe he's the reason for playing stains on Maundy Thursday, as he has a prior engagement on the Friday.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

exile in Tiger country wrote:
GeoffN wrote:
Maybe he's the reason for playing stains on Maundy Thursday, as he has a prior engagement on the Friday.
Yeah, he'd give away penalties for crossing.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

GeoffN wrote:
exile in Tiger country wrote:
GeoffN wrote: Not much use if he's gonna be dead over the weekend.
Yeah, he'd give away penalties for crossing.
It'll be an uphill struggle if thats going to happen.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
jayzn

Post by jayzn »

I have heard from a reliable source (someone that does jobs for most of the Warriors squad) that Solomona has told his teams mates at Bradford he is on way Wigan - and has been in touch with a few Wigan players arranging digs for when he is over Wigan and its just paperwork and a few decisions about loaning to free up some cash due to only £20k being left in salary cap. Although signings have got this close in past and its all fallen through - but I can see the shirt now "22 Solomona", just hope Phelps is not loaned to free up the cash.