Friday's Gameplan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
WESTCUMBRIARIVERSIDER

Re: Friday's Gameplan

Post by WESTCUMBRIARIVERSIDER »

noballs game plan, turn up, get beat then put humpty dumpty back together again, better game plan get rid of noballs
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

cpwigan wrote:Noble has decreed;

1) No offloads

2) A maximum of 1 pass per play
Please tell me that's a wind up. When I was 12yrs old our coach would never have laid out a game plan for us as dull as that. Has BN really got that little faith in our boys being able to catch and pass???
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

The dropped ball, penalty, bad kicks ect....ect is all down to the lack of any up to date structure . This is really getting me down the days of looking forward to a good game win or lose seem such distant history.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

lucky 13 wrote:The dropped ball, penalty, bad kicks ect....ect is all down to the lack of any up to date structure . This is really getting me down the days of looking forward to a good game win or lose seem such distant history.
You are correct Lucky BUT to admit that Noble would have to concede he was part of the problem. Instead he screamed abuse at the players in the dressing room after Wakey and the arguing continued yesterday. It is all the player's fault.

What is the betting the "we trained well all week" quote is brought out again.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

cpwigan wrote:Noble has decreed;

1) No offloads

2) A maximum of 1 pass per play
Didn't the former Featherstone Coach, Aussie Steve Martin have a similar hypothesis how to play the game? In fact, rumour was he even fined players who passed the ball in their own half! He was sacked in ignomy! Perhaps history may repeat for such a negative, opposition obsessed stick-in-the-mud!
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Ruzzle

Post by Ruzzle »

Will this game plan also involve a defensive line that takes one step forward and then waits politely for the opposition to run at them (or on a number of occasions, right through them)??
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Ruzzle wrote:Will this game plan also involve a defensive line that takes one step forward and then waits politely for the opposition to run at them (or on a number of occasions, right through them)??
It is the defensive tactic that underpins the defensive coaching guru that Noble is :D One does wonder if 14,000 Wiganers can see how ludicrous it is why those paid to do the job cannot.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

cherry.pie wrote:
Well reading the Observer this morning it's clear Noble hasn't had a re-think on that.
What amazes me is how could have come to the conclusion that it was our 'elaborate' play that resulted in the errors.
Chuffing Heck! He doesn't think that does he? I would have give him some credit for even the tiniest amount of a coaching brain, but this is an idiotic statement, especially after watching Wigan's attempts at a simple 5 drives and an unprepared kick for 80 minutes against an understrength Wakefield. God help the side when it plays Stains or Les Cats!!!
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

some one once said " I Have A Dream"

well so do i

get that idiot out of our club

NOW
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Worth pointing out here that Saints have an 18-y-o and two 19-y-o's in their squad against Warrington.

Do they not have a "duty of care" to them?