Re: who would make a great coach

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
doc

Post by doc »

Ellery!
kirkamania

Post by kirkamania »

Any of the above :D (preferably Edwards though :wink: )
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

Stephen Kearny/Shaun Edwards - Head Coach
Adrian Lam - Assistant Coach
Andrew Farrell - playing the type of role we saw by the former player for new zealand in the world cup/ cant remember his name shoot me now
Kris Rads - U21 Coach

*noooooooooooooo just woke up*
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

THE 18th Man wrote:Stephen Kearny/Shaun Edwards - Head Coach
Adrian Lam - Assistant Coach
Andrew Farrell - playing the type of role we saw by the former player for new zealand in the world cup/ cant remember his name shoot me now
Kris Rads - U21 Coach

*noooooooooooooo just woke up*
we dont need to change u 21s coach shaun wane doing a great job ,Kearney and faz was be my option n,Adrian Lam option two.

I do beleive IL is waiting for edwards but cant see that for a few years he lpooks comfortable as he his ,or would the challenge be to great to turn down he does like to challenge himself
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
LORENZO

Post by LORENZO »

Well I am in trouble with the wife now. Spent all Sunday afternoon reading the posts which effectively all say the same thing.
For my penny's worth today- Ellery did wonders with Doncaster and only left baecause the owner withdrew the financial support.Could be worth a punt as he is A LEADER OF MEN.
I cannot remember his name but isn't the New Zealand (who masterminded the win over Aus.) coach only an assistant in the OZ league and looking for a position. Might be worth a punt but as we seem to be refusing entry to foreign players now he might have difficulty getting a Visa. Is this a case of a Govt Dept doing what Super League should have introduced some time ago - limiting foreign players.
Susi

Post by Susi »

In an ideal world I would go for Shaun(GOD)Edwards and Ellery Hanley as joint coaches.
Failing that Mr McCrae is a good option.
But we are stuck with Mr Noble lets hope he can find some tactics and motivation, before we all go quite mad with frustration.
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

I don't think joint coaches are ever a good idea, neither is having an assistant with a big presence at the club because they are never going to agree on everything.

Shaun Edwards would be the coach for me, unproven as a coach in rugby league but he knows the game in-side-out from his time spent playing it. He has great experience at Wasps and as defensive coach of Wales RU. Players also seem to like him, the Wales RU players speak very highly of him.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

It seems to me that we need a coach with good "man-management" skills, more importantly than technical/tactical ideas. I believe that if we could get this lot playing as a team, and motivated, the individual talent is there to succeed.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Grayways if they expanded - take on National Express
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
cpwigan