South Stand

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

South Stand

Post by cpwigan »

Bought a couple of tickets off Alex. So I sent my mother with nephew to our seats in the East and took my good lady in the South Stand. People critcise the South Stand but you know what the atmosphere was umpteen times better than the East and I have been in the East 2 seasons now after previously being in the South.
GeoffN

Re: South Stand

Post by GeoffN »

cpwigan wrote:Bought a couple of tickets off Alex. So I sent my mother with nephew to our seats in the East and took my good lady in the South Stand. People critcise the South Stand but you know what the atmosphere was umpteen times better than the East and I have been in the East 2 seasons now after previously being in the South.
I've always said I prefer the atmosphere in the South, and if they ever went to reserved seating I'd be back there like a shot.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Exactly my thought Geoff
tonyjoe

Post by tonyjoe »

Thought the noise the south made last night was great !!!WHEN THE SOUTH MAKE SOME NOISE THE REST FOLLOW !! Apart from the west !!!! :blush:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

:D LoL behave Gemma. The Fielden response by the South Stand was magnificent. The atmosphere was so much better than it is in the East. You get a good view of the TV screen too. I prefer watching RL behind a goal. I stood on the Spion Kop at CP. Shame it is unreserved.

Footnote: Everbody around us was excellent. However, if people remember the photo of fans buying shirts and we thought the second in the line as A&L but it was a dork well he was sat 1 away from the Mrs and we just laughed about him because he never shut up and was blind drunk. Anyhow going off he nearly got a beating after falling into and pushing a bloke at the end of our row.
stacey c

Post by stacey c »

You must av been sat close to us then CP, he was just a couple rows infront of us - sits there every week, if all else fails we always have something (amusing?) to watch! lol!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Stacey, we were sat to his left. 1 seat between us. What an odd bloke. I wonder if he has mental health issues. Surely he would be better sat at the very top.

Interesting Alex. I have always thought because RL is a lateral game it is better to watch behind the sticks you can see the width better. Jackie Edwards used to watch from the Spion Kop. The good thing about the South is if the ball does go down to the North and it is a SKY match you can clearly see the screen. I never see the screen in the East and Dereck who posts on here as Dddtttf sat behind me in the East a game or two ago and he was saying how crazy it is that everybody stands up and in effect by doing so hardly anybody can see.

I prefer watching football from a touchline.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Yes I try not to stand up in the East. Like you say it is so pointless.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

of course it was a better athmosphere we won and played well ,it was a better athmosphere in all stands not justt the south stand ,come on you cant compare the athmosphere from the last 2 home games to this 1 and we had a trumpet player in the east stand from the england band
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

It was better before kick off too Mike.