What happens when Nobby listens to the fans?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TomThumb

Re: What happens when Nobby listens to the fans?

Post by TomThumb »

Just noticed that last post was my 100th post... its only took me four years!!!!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Smith must have been sulking though because 18th man normally arms up with the players. Bottom line the guy has issues, his form has been poor and his replacement has been playing well. It was a no brainer.

Wigan RLFC has no place for poor defenders, it never has had.
TomThumb

Post by TomThumb »

On another point, isnt great that we now have both wingers and a full back who look confident(or a least give me confidence) in their ability under the high ball and also wingers that look to have the confidence to skin their defender and take on them on the outside.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Ainsy will drop a few. It is one of the things he needs to work on. However, he brings plenty to the team too.

Why did we ever not keep Pat at FB. I seem to remember we were winning when he was FB last time, shifted him back to the wing, startedlosing again and hey preston he goes back to FB again and we start winning again. It is not rocket science Noble. Pat at FB = A better Wigan RLFC.
TomThumb

Post by TomThumb »

I agree Pats best position in Full Back, he can tackle one on one, good under the high ball and although his return play isnt in the same league as, say, Brett Webb he offers far more to the position than the rest of this current wigan team. I also think Pat hasnt the confidence to skin a defender playing on the wing and although he is good on the cross field attacking kick to the wings, he hasnt been that successful with it at wigan for whatever reason, so keep him at Full back. Him being at full back also gives us the option of using him for the "long boot down field" which I noticed he did a few times tonight on the last tackle.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Has Noble seen the light and really started to pick on form?

I am shocked at the team selection but at the same time presently surprised.

As cpw said dropping Smith was the boldest move Noble has made since he has been here.

Dave
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

DaveO wrote:Has Noble seen the light and really started to pick on form?

I am shocked at the team selection but at the same time presently surprised.

As cpw said dropping Smith was the boldest move Noble has made since he has been here.

Dave
I agree with you Dave and whats more i think the performance improved knowing that we now have competition for places and a coach that has seen the light.
tonyjoe

Thats wot Happens !!!

Post by tonyjoe »

When you play the wigan lads !!! Enough said. :)
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Re: Thats wot Happens !!!

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

i'm really trying here to not look as if i'm 'taking control' or having too much of a go, but

can someone please get a grip of useless threads like this? its just cluttering the board up and waisting time for users.

the thoughts expressed could be surely posted in a nothe rthread and still have as much use!
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

There will alays be multiple threads surrounding matches. Mike is not a fan of merging threads.