South Stand

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
binxterboy

Re: South Stand

Post by binxterboy »

who is the trumpet player? if he's going to be there again get him in tho south especially against the scousers
♫ тнз ѕσчτн ѕтαиδ мαѕѕіνз ♪
mickh

Post by mickh »

Very amusing when the trumpet player played the "Last Post" aimed at Bradford, and possibly their coach as well.
I had to step over his carrying case for his trumpet after the match as I was walking along the back of the East, it's not a small case, he didn't bring that thing in under his jacket!
Lets hope there are many more chances from now on to play that tune (and not against our own team).

P.S. Does he know "Simply the Best"
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

And young Sam has taken over officially from Trent, now!

"Sam....Sam will tear you apart"....was heard at one point!
Dawn O

Post by Dawn O »

mike binder wrote:of course it was a better athmosphere we won and played well ,it was a better athmosphere in all stands not justt the south stand ,come on you cant compare the athmosphere from the last 2 home games to this 1 and we had a trumpet player in the east stand from the england band
the last post was so funny good on Keith for having a sense of humour
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

binxterboy wrote:who is the trumpet player? if he's going to be there again get him in tho south especially against the scousers
I doubt it, he's a Bulls fan :conf:
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

Keith the trumpet player ,his a Bradford fan and sytayed over with us last night ,we made him watch the match again when we all got back
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

FROM A TO B wrote:
binxterboy wrote:who is the trumpet player? if he's going to be there again get him in tho south especially against the scousers
I doubt it, he's a Bulls fan :conf:
keith would come to the sts game if we asked him ,im sure he a closet wigan fan
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

cpwigan wrote: :D LoL behave Gemma. The Fielden response by the South Stand was magnificent. The atmosphere was so much better than it is in the East. You get a good view of the TV screen too. I prefer watching RL behind a goal. I stood on the Spion Kop at CP. Shame it is unreserved.

Footnote: Everbody around us was excellent. However, if people remember the photo of fans buying shirts and we thought the second in the line as A&L but it was a dork well he was sat 1 away from the Mrs and we just laughed about him because he never shut up and was blind drunk. Anyhow going off he nearly got a beating after falling into and pushing a bloke at the end of our row.
why do you have to bring my name into it? you water melon. at leastyou view me as not being a dork.

the only problem with the south stand is getting early for a decent seat.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

A trumpet player Bradford or not would be excellent for the atmosphere. Im an east stander because of IMO it’s the best angle to spectate a game, was a south stander but like many the unreserved seating was a mare if you’re a drinker :wink:
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

ancientnloyal wrote:
cpwigan wrote: :D LoL behave Gemma. The Fielden response by the South Stand was magnificent. The atmosphere was so much better than it is in the East. You get a good view of the TV screen too. I prefer watching RL behind a goal. I stood on the Spion Kop at CP. Shame it is unreserved.

Footnote: Everbody around us was excellent. However, if people remember the photo of fans buying shirts and we thought the second in the line as A&L but it was a dork well he was sat 1 away from the Mrs and we just laughed about him because he never shut up and was blind drunk. Anyhow going off he nearly got a beating after falling into and pushing a bloke at the end of our row.
why do you have to bring my name into it? you water melon. at leastyou view me as not being a dork.

the only problem with the south stand is getting early for a decent seat.
It was the guy you got confused for.

Anyhow he wears a beanie hat :wink: