Some Questions

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
x Wigan Warrior x

Re: Some Questions

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

Do you attend games? Why? Why not?
All home games, as many away as I can
I played the game and I love the game

What will it take to get you to attend more game?
More income and more time

What do you think of the current game-day experience? Likes, dislikes?Love it, love the Friday games. Dislike ……. The expensive beer

Do we do enough with our game days? Give me a wish list.No we don’t do enough ….. Carnival atmosphere is a must…. Wigan French market and stuff on the day ……. classic

What, if anything, has stopped you from attending games in the past? My wedding last year, that I had to pay for …. Ooooh that hurt

Do you prefer only to watch one game on match day or does a curtain raiser interest you, too? Would you like to see more games played on match day?
More games ….. lets get the academy playing before the game !!!!

Do you like the big modern stadiums or traditional stadiums?
Modern stadiums with some old time standing room

Do you prefer night rugby, day rugby, Friday, Saturday, Sunday?Friday all the way baby …. Although the 17:30 kick off was a good un
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Here's a thought, I think we would be hard pressed (well zero chance) to get Reserves / U18s on the JJB but if they were played at Robin Park Arena beforehand woul you go early and then across to the JJB ?
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

cpwigan wrote:Here's a thought, I think we would be hard pressed (well zero chance) to get Reserves / U18s on the JJB but if they were played at Robin Park Arena beforehand woul you go early and then across to the JJB ?
oo bloody right I would. ….. but pushing for the markets out side the game would be bloody brilliant, they would make a fortune and if all else fails we could hurl smelly cheese at the stains !!! :sly:
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

cpwigan wrote:Here's a thought, I think we would be hard pressed (well zero chance) to get Reserves / U18s on the JJB but if they were played at Robin Park Arena beforehand woul you go early and then across to the JJB ?
I would, probably, yes.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Do you attend games? Why? Why not?
No A) i dont have the disposable income really, and B)none of my mates are into it enough to come with

What will it take to get you to attend more games?
a Pay rise or someone paying my mortgage

What do you think of the current game-day experience? Likes, dislikes?
I like the dayout sytle experience you get with rugby league cos the fans all get on

Do we do enough with our game days? Give me a wish list.
Very tricky to see what you could do maybe a youth match on before or something

What, if anything, has stopped you from attending games in the past?
again just money really and lack of interest from the people i hang about with and im not going on my todd

Do you prefer only to watch one game on match day or does a curtain raiser interest you, too? Would you like to see more games played on match day?

Yeah think that would be good

Do you like the big modern stadiums or traditional stadiums?
Heart = Traditional Head = Modern

Do you prefer night rugby, day rugby, Friday, Saturday, Sunday?

Sat or Sun
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

i would like that, as i said i feel if the crowd see a match before the main event then the atmosphere would increase
tonyjoe

Post by tonyjoe »

I think the match day expierence at Wigan is good, and compared to most other clubs excellent.I think the club trys its best to crate a good matchday expierence, wot with th fire wiorks, the new big flag in the south and the max blaster. You go to some grounds and you get nothing. The problem is trying to get more fans into the stadium, and this only gets better when the team performs. Us rugby fans are fickle people and want to watch a winning team. :blush:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The hard core is solid Tony but you are right the casual support turns on and off very easily depending on form and in many respects given current economics I suppose it is understandable. However, to get 16,000+ we need them. Away support has been up I woul speculate this season so far.
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

Our away support or the away supporters at the JJB ?
Because i think the number of away supporters has been poor so far ,ie the no's of Bull supporters was half that you would normally expect. :conf:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Away PW

Mmm I may be wrong PW but I thought the Bulls away following had shrunk to nothing since their halycon SL days. Cas and Wakey were surely up on last season?