BARROW TICKET ALLOCATION OF 1000 !!!!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: BARROW TICKET ALLOCATION OF 1000 !!!!!!

Post by cpwigan »

My thoughts are that 2000 tickets should normally suffice. We will get more. However, the British psyche being what it is, if you say something is in short supply we Brits panic, go crazy and line up like mad buggers to try to get whatever it is and/or and this is the worst case scenario if something is free we Brits go mad again and even if we are not likely to use/go we still want them. You have to some extent seen that with season ticket holders believing they are entitled to tickets. If people get tickets simply because they are free they will then either redistribute the tickets to make themselves feel good or the tickets will go to waste.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

gw wrote:I'd be well and truly pi**ed off if I didn't manage to get a ticket and there were 500+ non season ticket holders who'd managed to get there hands on a ticket! Its not the fact that its free but as a season ticket holder we get first shot at tickets!!

But like CPWigan said, i can't see anyone missing out!!!

On the talk of free tickets, anyone see the thread on totalrl.com about free tickets to the salford match tonight, 1 email sent and 1 free ticket!! thanks salford!!
Whereabout is the thread on those forums?
consigliere

Post by consigliere »

Who ever said seven needs a new watch.
one nice old lady was there from 5am.
By the time we arrived on my way home from work at half six there were about a dozen cars.

Sometimes I don't mind doing nights.
Got em thats all that mattered.
www.directeta.com

THE BEST WAY TO FOLLOW WIGAN AWAY
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news_full.asp?newsid=4621

Initial 1000 sold (given) out

Apparently the RFL compensate clubs for these free tickets. Not sure it will be 100% though.
THE 18th Man

Barrow Tickets - SOLD OUT

Post by THE 18th Man »

According to the Clubs offical site the intial 1000 tickets have sold out.

lucky i got mine on the phone, well my grandad got them but he was on the phone for half a hour

sold out within 2 hours but they are asking for more

gw

Post by gw »

cpwigan wrote:
gw wrote:I'd be well and truly pi**ed off if I didn't manage to get a ticket and there were 500+ non season ticket holders who'd managed to get there hands on a ticket! Its not the fact that its free but as a season ticket holder we get first shot at tickets!!

But like CPWigan said, i can't see anyone missing out!!!

On the talk of free tickets, anyone see the thread on totalrl.com about free tickets to the salford match tonight, 1 email sent and 1 free ticket!! thanks salford!!
Whereabout is the thread on those forums?
Bear

Re: Barrow Tickets - SOLD OUT

Post by Bear »

I missed out :(

They should send more though
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
neilbass

Post by neilbass »

My wife was in the phone queue from 9.15 to 10.30. All gone by then but we're told we're on a reserve list for if they receive a further allocation.

Fingers crossed :D
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

gpartin wrote:
FROM A TO B wrote:Please don't take this the wrong way, but I think it will be bang out of order if people who are not going to the match offer to get free tickets for non ST holders.

If this game was at any SL club, then no problem as I would expect there to be enough to go around. However, if ST holders miss out and then it comes out that non ST holders have managed to get free ones, I for one would not be a happy bunny! :angry:
A very simplistic black and white approach. Some season ticket holders don't go to away games. I'm not a season ticket holder because I live in Hull but I still get to as many games home and away as I possibly can, the average cost to me of watching Wigan is incredibly high and some seasons I have spent nigh on as much to attend home games as I would have if I had got a season ticket.

Just because someone is a season ticket holder doesn't make them a better supporter, look how many Bradford had a few years ago and where are they now? Wanting to go to an early round cup game at barrow shows a big commitment to the club, season ticket holder or not. Well done to the Season Ticket Holders who are unable to go and are willing to help us mere mortals out.
where do I mention being a better supporter?
My argument was ST holders as part of the offer get free tickets subject to availability. If someone who has a ST and choses not to go, but gives their ticket to someone else then it means that someone who has paid for a ST could be missing out. This is my argument.

Anyway, phoned at 9.14. My call was important to them and I was first in the queue for 10 minutes. got my tickets so a happy bunny, but think the club will have made more from the premium rate line than if they had actually been selling them in the first place :roll:
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
simmy1

Post by simmy1 »

got there at 8am got mine at 09.20 cant wait for trip