JJB what will it be

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mike binder

JJB what will it be

Post by mike binder »

a major announcment expected today about the future of the stadium and the football club that share it with us???the contract with JJb the struggling retailer is about to run out
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
AINSCOUGHWRIGHT81

Re: JJB what will it be

Post by AINSCOUGHWRIGHT81 »

heard dave whelan buying it and caling it the DW stadium
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Mike Ashley is doing his best to scupper the deal... apparently he is trying to 'postpone' a deal that JJB will ultimately do so that JJB will fail to meet a deadline for quarterly rents on all their properties (shops) and so would lead to administration.

Hope it isnt DW Stadium though.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Had the latics game on in the background while i was cleaning the other day and they mentioned the pitch again and said something along the lines of "the club are putting in place plans to seperate from the rugby side of things" dont know if it was wild rumour or not. One thing that made me laugh though is that they banged on about wigan and the pitch again yet they were playing hull fc and not a word was said about the fact that they shared a pitch!??!
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

canceeled whelan could not make it so new date as to be set up
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
outback wiganer

Post by outback wiganer »

Before the Latics v Hull game on Sunday, Whelan was on Sky Sports and the interviewer mentioned that a deal was about to go through that the stadium was to be renamed The DW Stadium. Unconfirmed reports, he said.
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

I for one would be fuming if the self righteous prat named the stadium after himself. He's hardly a likeable and popular person, even a lot of the Latics fans don't like him.
Despite what he may have done / claim to have done for the rugby and football teams in this town, he's still a @#$%*£"~

MrDave

Post by MrDave »

Dave Whelans ego will probably want the stadium to be called the DW Stadium but his DW business is nowhere near the size of JJB when it was first the stadium sponsor so it would make more sense to actually find a different sponsor. After all how hard can it be to find a sponsor for a stadium with Premier League and Super League clubs.

As for Wigan Warriors moving out of the JJB i'm sure Dave Whealan and the Wigan Athletic fans would love it. The problem for Dave is that he can not just kick Wigan Warriors out because of the 99 year lease. If he did kick Wigan out he would have to compensate Wigan Warriors for the full amount of the 99 year lease and even if he does do that he would have to deal with the legal issue that the grants for the JJB Stadium were only given for a duel-sport stadium.
outback wiganer

Post by outback wiganer »

I used to work in Wigan with a lot of Wigan Athletic fans, and hardly any of them had a good word for him. He's so up himself it's unbelievable. Always spouting his mouth off about what he's done for the club. I cant see us getting "evicted" from the stadium. Surely we bring in a large chunk of revenue into the business, so would the football survive without the rugby income. I hope the issue of "it's a football stadium" doesn't rear it's ugly head again.
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

does anybody know when the announcement will be made then