Wigan to sign Gleeson?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
cherrywarrior

Re: Wigan to sign Gleeson?

Post by cherrywarrior »

I know, im on about a different post, gleason is from golborne isnt he?
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

kirkamania wrote:Give us a percentage of how likely it is CP :)

You mentioned Campese by the way, not off contract is he? :conf: If he is he needs signing though
100& Going to happen Gleeson Kirk

Price is off contract, Tahu is only in the 2nd eason of a4 year deal but they will release him. No idea re Campese. At a guess he will be under contract but for me he would make Wigan far far better. He's happy playing right side, to be honest he can play right or left, he takes defences on and has a fantastic kicking game.

Folks there are many good Aus/NZ players but you have to pay for them and they are normally in demand. Campese would no come in 2009 BUT if he gets snubbed for NSW / Aus in 2009 then he could be persuaded IMO.

Price I would have any day of the week. He produces the goods match after match.
Bear

Post by Bear »

Was told about this in work today. Diddnt really think much of it :D
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
kirkamania

Post by kirkamania »

cpwigan wrote:
kirkamania wrote:Give us a percentage of how likely it is CP :)

You mentioned Campese by the way, not off contract is he? :conf: If he is he needs signing though
100& Going to happen Gleeson Kirk

Price is off contract, Tahu is only in the 2nd eason of a4 year deal but they will release him. No idea re Campese. At a guess he will be under contract but for me he would make Wigan far far better. He's happy playing right side, to be honest he can play right or left, he takes defences on and has a fantastic kicking game.

Folks there are many good Aus/NZ players but you have to pay for them and they are normally in demand. Campese would no come in 2009 BUT if he gets snubbed for NSW / Aus in 2009 then he could be persuaded IMO.

Price I would have any day of the week. He produces the goods match after match.
Great news regarding Gleeson then :D

Campese would be ideal, still young as well just about every attribute we are looking for as well. Unlikely though
Somebody else I think we should try and persuade is Cooper Cronk, great player and not going to get rep footy because Lockyer, Thurston and Prince are all in his way. At a good age as well (25) money talks so why not give it a go.

I think Price is more than likely to retire :( I think we should go for Luke Bailey instead as he would be the perfect prop for us.
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

I'm undecided on this one. I've always rated Gleeson as a player, he's got great feet and can certainly draw the defence and put his winger away. Pretty good hands too.
The question is, that at his age and with his rumoured "partying" would he make any real difference to our squad?

nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Short term - Its a risk worth taking as where not going to lose out with offloading mathers and goulding. As richards at fullback and goulding hasnt been playing.

Long Term - Very big risk, could possibily go downhill like fielden and eat a chunk of salaray cap.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
fred_flintstone

Post by fred_flintstone »

Sorry, just cant believe this, way too good to be true, I'm just not having it. Somebody might actually take Mathers off our hands, fly, pigs, might!
cherrywarrior

Post by cherrywarrior »

NO NO NO HAVE YOU ALL LOST UR MARBLEs

:eusa17: :eusa17: :eusa17: :eusa17: :eusa17: :eusa17: :eusa17: :eusa17: :eusa17: :eusa17: :eusa17: :eusa17

WHY DO WE WANT A 28 YEAR OLD POP HEAD EX SCUM HELENS HAS BEEN WHO WONT COME FOR NOTHING SO WILL BE ON A STUPIDLY HIGH WAGE AND SPENT 3 MONTHS ON THE SIDELINES FOR BETTING ON HIS OWN TEAM TO LOOSE!! :eusa17: :eusa17::eusa17:WHAT WE NEEDIS A COACH WHO CAN DO HIS JOB EFEECTIVELY AND WORK WITH THE PLAYERS WE ALREADY HAVE (MOST NOTABLY OUR ACADAMY PRODUCT GOULDING) :eusa17::eusa17::eusa17:

Have edited your overuse of emoticons because it is taking the thread off the page :wink:
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!
fred_flintstone

Post by fred_flintstone »

I've a hunch that cherrywarrior isn't too keen on Mr G.
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

pieater-alex wrote:He is 28 so I don't know why people are bringing up his age.
Sorry, I thought he was 30. My mistake :blush:
I stick to the partying rumours though. :)