Wigan to sign Gleeson?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
kirkamania

Re: Wigan to sign Gleeson?

Post by kirkamania »

fred_flintstone wrote:I've a hunch that cherrywarrior isn't too keen on Mr G.
Or anybody except reserve and academy players
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

cherrywarrior wrote:NO NO NO HAVE YOU ALL LOST UR MARBLEs

:eusa17: :eusa17: :eusa17: :eusa17: :eusa17: :eusa17: :eusa17: :eusa17: :eusa17: :eusa17: :eusa17: :eusa17

WHY DO WE WANT A 28 YEAR OLD POP HEAD EX SCUM HELENS HAS BEEN WHO WONT COME FOR NOTHING SO WILL BE ON A STUPIDLY HIGH WAGE AND SPENT 3 MONTHS ON THE SIDELINES FOR BETTING ON HIS OWN TEAM TO LOOSE!! :eusa17: :eusa17::eusa17:WHAT WE NEEDIS A COACH WHO CAN DO HIS JOB EFEECTIVELY AND WORK WITH THE PLAYERS WE ALREADY HAVE (MOST NOTABLY OUR ACADAMY PRODUCT GOULDING) :eusa17::eusa17::eusa17:

Have edited your overuse of emoticons because it is taking the thread off the page :wink:
Sorry, I don't think you recognise a truly talented player when you see one. Gleeson has been a regular in the GB team for the past decade (almost) and has scored and set up some great tries for club and Country.

His betting misdemeanor is of no concern (or at least shouldn't be) to us when talking about his abilities. As I mentioned, it's his "lifestyle" that I am most concerned about. If the rumours are true, that is.

Sutty

Post by Sutty »

pieater-alex wrote:
Sutty wrote:
pieater-alex wrote:He is 28 so I don't know why people are bringing up his age.
Sorry, I thought he was 30. My mistake :blush:
I stick to the partying rumours though. :)
Well unless anyone knows anything they are just that rumours and nothing more.

Usually these things are really overhyped and players just have a social drink amongst themselves and the next day people are saying they were bladdered down king street. It tends to just be exaggerated.

Nevertheless as long as he can produce the goods on the field - who cares?
My sentiments exactly. Faz was a bit of a tosser off the pitch, whenever I spoke to him. As was Edwards. They were both, however, absolute legends as soon as they pulled on the cherry and white and took to the pitch, IMO.

cherrywarrior

Post by cherrywarrior »

What on earth gave you that idea?? :eusa18:

He is up there with Longy, Briers, Bobby Goulding, Tommy Martin, Donkey Joynt, Shaun McRea and Calderwood in my book :badg:

PS Sutty, He isnt class, the only decent centre England have had in the past few years is Senior when he can be bothered and possibly Yeaman, I dont rate Gleeson at all, and dont think he is any better than anyone we already have...

I dont think the problem with our team at the minute can be solved by anything else THAN GETTING RID OF NOBBY!!!
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

cherrywarrior wrote:What on earth gave you that idea?? :eusa18:

He is up there with Longy, Briers, Bobby Goulding, Tommy Martin, Donkey Joynt, Shaun McRea and Calderwood in my book :badg:

PS Sutty, He isnt class, the only decent centre England have had in the past few years is Senior when he can be bothered and possibly Yeaman, I dont rate Gleeson at all, and dont think he is any better than anyone we already have...

I dont think the problem with our team at the minuet can be solved by anything else THAN GETTING RID OF NOBBY!!!
I can't really reply to that without it sounding patronising, and I don't want to do that.

Apart from the last sentence, which I agree with.

cherrywarrior

Post by cherrywarrior »

No go on, I wont take too much offence lol, he is one of those players that really gets on my wick,

Imagine going all the way down under on an un-rugbyleague related holiday and one of the first people you see is Fat Man McRea.....I wasnt a happy bunny!
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

cherrywarrior wrote:No go on, I wont take too much offence lol, he is one of those players that really gets on my wick,

Imagine going all the way down under on an un-rugbyleague related holiday and one of the first people you see is Fat Man McRea.....I wasnt a happy bunny!
Firstly, I really don't see what McRae's got to do with this thread and I don't know why you wouldn't like him just because he's fat. I suppose you think he knows knothing about RL either?

Secondly, if you think that Gleeson was no good, you really don't know what you are talking about. Maybe you are too young to remember him in his St Helens days. You certainly give the impression that you know very little about his game and what talent really is.
Sorry, I hope that wasn't too patronising! :)

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

OUCH, To everybody. Ordinarily I would delete some of these posts but will not do so because Sutty only posted it after Cherry gave him permission to do so.

I would say everybody is entitled to their opinion and nobody is always right or wrong. Not even me :D
cherrywarrior

Post by cherrywarrior »

Ok then, if thats what ya think then fine, You may think that Gleson was good in his Saints days, when he was 23, 5 years ago, doesnt mean he is any good now, if you ask most peoples opinion on Fielden they will probably say the same, good 5 years ago, not good enough now.

The McRea comment was in referance to a list of Rugby League people Im not fond off, fair enough it is going slight off topic. PS how many Super League matches has his team won this season...
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

cherrywarrior wrote:Ok then, if thats what ya think then fine, You may think that Gleson was good in his Saints days, when he was 23, 5 years ago, doesnt mean he is any good now, if you ask most peoples opinion on Fielden they will probably say the same, good 5 years ago, not good enough now.

The McRea comment was in referance to a list of Rugby League people Im not fond off, fair enough it is going slight off topic. PS how many Super League matches has his team won this season...
But I'm not talking about Fielden. Granted, Gleeson probably isn't playing as well as he was a few years ago but I still think he's a pretty decent player and has certainly got the potential to make an improvement to our team.
In hindsight we would not have signed half of the players that we have done in past years, if we'd known what they were going to turn out like for us. On the same note, there are also many more that we should have signed, in hindsight. It's a wonderful thing isnt it? :wink:

If you think Gleeson is rubbish, do you think he's worse, at centre, than Bailey? Gleeson's quicker, has better feet, certainly passes to his winger more often and he also has a comparable defence to Bailey, when playing in the centres.

I think the McRae comment was a bit out of order, personally.