Catalans 40 -v- WIGAN 24

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: Catalans -v- WIGAN: Match Thread

Post by medlocke »

God wrote:Dominated by a Wigan reject prop forward. That is simply embarrassing.
Who was that?
ancientnloyal

Re: Catalans 40 -v- WIGAN 24

Post by ancientnloyal »

Guisett
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

cherry.pie wrote:The challenge on Richards should have been a penalty but unlikely to result in any more no matter who the ref. In fact, few refs would have been able to see that the Catalans player wasn't contesting the ball.
We were awful, Catalans were good, pretty much explains why we got smashed.
Didn't think the challenge on Richards was that bad. The Catalans player looked to jump for the ball. He didn't get it and half landed on Richards.

Was Richards tackled in the air? No.
Did he make a play for Richard's head? No.
Did he make contact with the head with his body/arms? Yes.
Did he put any undue pressure on his head? No.

Should it have been penalised? Debatable.
turf

Post by turf »

robjoenz wrote:Was Richards tackled in the air? No.
Did he make a play for Richard's head? No.
Did he make contact with the head with his body/arms? Yes.
Did he put any undue pressure on his head? No.

Should it have been penalised? Debatable.
I'd have answered yes to the questions in bold. Sorry to disagree with you robjoenz. Although having said that I would move "debatable" up to the tackled in the air question.

If someone jumps 4 foot in the air with both feet off the it is a high tackle and should be penalised by the referee every time end of.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Wasnt an attack just a silly jump
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

Catalans won that game fair and square. Wigan looked composed and in control for the first 25 minute until Riddel, Fielden, Coley and Bailey went off. After that the catalans pack were punching holes down the middle of the park for fun and we never regained momentum or the initiative after that. The defnsive effort just seemed to collapse. I can accept that Wigan were flat and tired after Friday, but Catalans weren't doing stretches before popping into Good Friday service on Friday were they??

Positives. Coley seems to be coming to. His first splel on the pitch in particular. He's our best prop by far over the past 3 games.

Negatives. Where to begin...........?? :doz:
turf

Post by turf »

He still should have been penalised for an attack to the head.
turf

Post by turf »

weststand-rich wrote:Catalans won that game fair and square. Wigan looked composed and in control for the first 25 minute until Riddel, Fielden, Coley and Bailey went off. After that the catalans pack were punching holes down the middle of the park for fun and we never regained momentum or the initiative after that. The defnsive effort just seemed to collapse. I can accept that Wigan were flat and tired after Friday, but Catalans weren't doing stretches before popping into Good Friday service on Friday were they??

Positives. Coley seems to be coming to. His first splel on the pitch in particular. He's our best prop by far over the past 3 games.

Negatives. Where to begin...........?? :doz:
Ainscough never stopped trying I thought as well. As I said on another thread, I feel sorry for him.
fitzy

Post by fitzy »

turf wrote:He still should have been penalised for an attack to the head.
why he jumped to challenge for the ball and mis timed it he can't change direction and stop in mid air richards was commited to catching the ball and the catalan player ended up on top of richards
turf

Post by turf »

I didn't think you could jump at someone's head/neck area with both feet off the ground?