Kurt Cobain

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
gpartin

Re: Kurt Cobain

Post by gpartin »

medlocke wrote:jesse ed davis, now there was a guitarist
Dave Kelly did a great tribute to him when I watched the Blues Band at the Irish Centre in Leeds about ten years ago. Fantastically versatile guitarist and very highly respected by many guitarists and artists from Dylan to Clapton. Absolute legend!!
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Eek I think that is flawed re The Beatles. I like Beatles music but I would not say their is an 1 part of it that was outstanding. I should hate the Beatles or McCartney BTW, I spent 12 rooms nextdoor to someone at Uni who played the same song on his guitar non stop.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

cpwigan wrote:Eek I think that is flawed re The Beatles. I like Beatles music but I would not say their is an 1 part of it that was outstanding. I should hate the Beatles or McCartney BTW, I spent 12 rooms nextdoor to someone at Uni who played the same song on his guitar non stop.
What's flawed? Me thinking they're over-rated?
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

medlocke

Post by medlocke »

to me, the mahority of the top level bands i now think are overated, Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin and the Who, but i have only started to think like this since i joined the online community, especialy Myspace, after 4 years in Myspace Classic Rock group/forums, i have had a belly full of retarded American teenagers treating the above bands as the second coming, i used to love Zep and Floyd but know i rarely listen to them, as for The Who, i like them about as much as i do Lockers :roll:
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

The people that really nark me are the 'I'm older than you so I know what I'm talking about' types.

Sometimes I used to go to Rio's in Bradford in my Morrisons uniform because I was working stupidly late and frankly couldn't care less what anyone thought about what I wore and still don't. It used to make me laugh that the 'we're rebelling against the system by wearing Cradle of Filth T-Shirts' attempted to ridicule me for being different. Oh the irony.

robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

medlocke wrote:to me, the mahority of the top level bands i now think are overated, Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin and the Who, but i have only started to think like this since i joined the online community, especialy Myspace, after 4 years in Myspace Classic Rock group/forums, i have had a belly full of retarded American teenagers treating the above bands as the second coming, i used to love Zep and Floyd but know i rarely listen to them, as for The Who, i like them about as much as i do Lockers :roll:
These bands are more like fashion statements now.

I don't understand why you think Nirvana brought down the grunge scene. How can a band cause the downfall of a scene? Don't people just get bored of it?

Or was it that the scene was now made popular so people moved on to something new and less popular? I think a lot of people have a certain mentality that a small band is 'their band' because they found them but when they make it big the excitement of liking them fades.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

According to some CP there wouldn't have been any guitar groups had it not been for the Beatles.
GP that is what I was referring to.

Meds do you not like Floyd? I personally like how their songs, everything about then reflects their lives. That to me isa great thing about Bands / Music.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

cpwigan wrote:
According to some CP there wouldn't have been any guitar groups had it not been for the Beatles.
GP that is what I was referring to.

Meds do you not like Floyd? I personally like how their songs, everything about then reflects their lives. That to me isa great thing about Bands / Music.
Aaah ok. Floyd are awesome, even better with a mindlab, a profound experience.

medlocke

Post by medlocke »

used to like Floyd, seen them twice, but thanks to Myspace i can rarely listen to them anymore, i would rather listen to the likes of Return To Forever for sensational soundscapes
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Theres a dan le sac vs scroopius pip song which has a good bit in it on this
Thou shalt not put musicians and recording artists on ridiculous pedestals no matter how great they are or were.
The Beatles… Were just a band.
Led Zepplin… Just a band.
The Beach Boys… Just a band.
The Sex Pistols… Just a band.
The Clash… Just a band.
Crass… Just a band.
Minor Threat… Just a band.
The Cure… Just a band.
The Smiths… Just a band.
Nirvana… Just a band.
The Pixies… Just a band.
Oasis… Just a band.
Radiohead… Just a band.
Bloc Party… Just a band.
The Arctic Monkeys… Just a band.
The Next Big Thing.. JUST A BAND.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure