Steve McCormack

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ultimate warrior

Steve McCormack

Post by ultimate warrior »

Given that most fans agree that the time has come for Noble to go,what about giving Steve McCormack, the ex widness coach a go at the job on a caretaker basis for the rest of the season.

He is a Wiganer, and a coach that I rate quite highly. I know he was sacked as the Widness coach, but I think he did a very good job there given the problems that the club had financially.

I appreciate that we should be looking at bringing in a big name, but at the moment, how many are available and would come to Wigan
cpwigan

Re: Steve McCormack

Post by cpwigan »

Better to hve Shaun Wane from within or somebody like Ellery.
jackoh

Post by jackoh »

I agree with CP. Wane is a Wiganer and is doing a good job with the academy team.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

Wanes the man 4 me
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
CBWarrior

Post by CBWarrior »

mike binder wrote:Wanes the man 4 me
Awwww thats sweet Mike :)
Now who do you reckon for the next coach?
:wink:
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

ancientnloyal wrote:No he looks a bit like Peter Kay's Max (awful pictures but, trust me, he does)

https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

Steve's teaching at the moment, mainly at Deanery and Byrchall. He's a really nice bloke and I've known him personally for about 20 years now.
I do think that Shaun Wane would do a better job as a caretaker coach until the end of the season. He's already involved in the club and knows the players and their idiosyncrocies (sp). I'd give it to him in the short term, whilst Lenegan is looking for a top class coach in Aus.

mike binder

Post by mike binder »

wane till lam is available
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Sutty wrote:Steve's teaching at the moment, mainly at Deanery and Byrchall. He's a really nice bloke and I've known him personally for about 20 years now.
I do think that Shaun Wane would do a better job as a caretaker coach until the end of the season. He's already involved in the club and knows the players and their idiosyncrocies (sp). I'd give it to him in the short term, whilst Lenegan is looking for a top class coach in Aus.
Always thought if we did it properly in this country and paid decent wages too that he would be ideal leading / heading part of elite junior RL development.
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

I didn't ask him whether he was looking at getting back in to coaching. He was a very gifted youngster and played for GB schools and was on Widnes' books, before he popped his shoulder (when he was about 19-20ish) in a charity match playing against a team I was in. I don't think he played much after that, it was a bad one. Although he did come back to St Judes and we played in the same team for a while there.

I'll ask him next time I speak to him what, if any, plans he's got to get into coaching or development.