Team v Wakey

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wigan/pier

Team v Wakey

Post by wigan/pier »

Roberts, Carmont, Richards, Smith, Leuluai, Fielden, Riddell, Paleaaesina, Hock, Bailey, O'Loughlin, J. Tomkins, Coley, McIlorum, Prescott, Pryce, Phelps, Gleeson, S. Tomkins.

From the Superleague web site...nothing on the offical wigan site yet...but no Ainscough???
If we don't ask questions we turn into sheep...and I don't trust the shepherds.
MrDave

Re: Team v Wakey

Post by MrDave »

Pryce in for Ainscough is an absolute joke.
wigan/pier

Post by wigan/pier »

MrDave wrote:Pryce in for Ainscough is an absolute joke.
To be fair the superleague web site has been wrong before..we can only hope :conf:
If we don't ask questions we turn into sheep...and I don't trust the shepherds.
turf

Post by turf »

wigan/pier wrote:Roberts, Carmont, Richards, Smith, Leuluai, Fielden, Riddell, Paleaaesina, Hock, Bailey, O'Loughlin, J. Tomkins, Coley, McIlorum, Prescott, Pryce, Phelps, Gleeson, S. Tomkins.

From the Superleague web site...nothing on the offical wigan site yet...but no Ainscough???
:angry: :angry: :angry:

The longer he is out, despite what anyone says, I think either of the following:

1 - He has got a knock and pea brain Noble won't admit it

2 - As previously suggested by a poster on here (I can't remember who now) this spell for Ainscough out of the team could be for a disciplinary reason.

Personally, I think option 1.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Pryce was poor again in the reserves. Yes he scored 2 tries but they were literally fall over the line and use your size. He was very poor as a stand off because his passing was very robotic. If Wigan are serious about getting him fit, playing wise they should play him at Prop for the reserves and thus make him do the hard yards in attack an tackle in every set defensively. Training wise he should be flogged. Mike Forshaw will not take him on Rivington though as it could be a tad cold and spoil Forshaw's hair.

The backs v Wakey will be

Phelps, Roberts, Gleeson, Carmont, Richards, Tomkins (I am speculating Smith cannot be risked defensively) Tommy

The pack v Wakey will be

Fielden, Riddell, Coley, Hock, Bailey, Lockers

Reserves JTomkins, Feka, Prescott, McIlorum. If Smith does start at 6 Sam will be on the bench.

Pryce will be water boy

I never expect anything less from Numpty personally. I do not think you will see Ainscough v Saints nor Wakey in the cup either. Injuries permitting. Remember had it not been for injuries Ainsy would not have played a game this season. Had it not been for Tim Smith being so dire nor would Sam T. Last season JTomkins would never have played a game either but for injuries. He may well have been dropped v Celts too but for Hansen being injured.

I look at the England U18's that Ainsy, Liam Faz, Ben Davies were part of and many of their teammates on that tour have played some SL in 2009. One or two are regular picks now.
turf

Post by turf »

According to the Noble interview on the official site, he says bar the injuries, "everyone else is ok".

Er, yeah, bar poor Ainscough, who in my opinion has been very harshly treated by being dropped for what looks like nothing as far as I am concerned.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

turf wrote:
wigan/pier wrote:Roberts, Carmont, Richards, Smith, Leuluai, Fielden, Riddell, Paleaaesina, Hock, Bailey, O'Loughlin, J. Tomkins, Coley, McIlorum, Prescott, Pryce, Phelps, Gleeson, S. Tomkins.

The longer he is out, despite what anyone says, I think either of the following:

2 - As previously suggested by a poster on here (I can't remember who now) this spell for Ainscough out of the team could be for a disciplinary reason.

How about option 3? Noble is a blithering idiot?

This was published today (24th April):

http://www.wigantoday.net/warriors/Hung ... 5202819.jp

He sings his praises yet drops him from the 19. IF it is option 2 then saying such stuff and dropping him is hypocrisy.

It was these sorts of decisions that left me bemused last season. Now I just want Noble out of this club as he is useless. I hate to see anyone lose their job but I have had my fill of Noble's stupid selections.

Last week people excused Noble by saying Celtic was the right game to rest him. What's the excuse this week?

Ainscough should not have dropped or rested in the first place. The obvious selection is Richards at full back with Phelps to miss out for Ainscough on the wing. Neither Phelps nor Pryce have done enough to outshine Ainscough.

Dave
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

DaveO wrote:
turf wrote:

How about option 3? Noble is a blithering idiot?

This was published today (24th April):

http://www.wigantoday.net/warriors/Hung ... 5202819.jp

He sings his praises yet drops him from the 19. IF it is option 2 then saying such stuff and dropping him is hypocrisy.

It was these sorts of decisions that left me bemused last season. Now I just want Noble out of this club as he is useless. I hate to see anyone lose their job but I have had my fill of Noble's stupid selections.

Last week people excused Noble by saying Celtic was the right game to rest him. What's the excuse this week?

Ainscough should not have dropped or rested in the first place. The obvious selection is Richards at full back with Phelps to miss out for Ainscough on the wing. Neither Phelps nor Pryce have done enough to outshine Ainscough.

Dave
Competely agree, Dave. I wasn't confident about beating Wakey even with our strongest available side out, I'm even less so now.
turf

Post by turf »

An excellent point Dave and GeoffN. :eusa2: :eusa2:

With Noble it is like :eusa17: aka banging your head against a brick wall.
outback wiganer

Post by outback wiganer »

Ainscough will always score tries for us if he's given half a chance, as we all have seen. I can understand him being "rested" against Celtic last weekend if this was the case, but we need our best players on the pitch against half decent opponents, as Wakefield are this season. As for Pryce he needs more game time to get himself upto match fitness, though how long this will take, God only knows. How long does it take to get fit when you are given a correct diet and the best training facilities anyway. Surely last weeks game against the Crusaders was an ideal opportunity to give him another first team run out. On a minus side about Ainscough, his defence can be a bit shakey as we saw against Huddersfield a few weeks ago. But that will improve in time.
Sam made such a difference last Sunday when he came on the field. With a big few weeks coming up, the likes of Ainscough and Sam Tomkins have to be in the team.