Lee Mossop

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
cumbria_warrior

Lee Mossop

Post by cumbria_warrior »

Anyone know if there is any thruth in Lee Mossop going to Barrow on perm deal? Meant to of been talks between the clubs
GeoffN

Re: Lee Mossop

Post by GeoffN »

cumbria_warrior wrote:Anyone know if there is any thruth in Lee Mossop going to Barrow on perm deal? Meant to of been talks between the clubs
Not heard anything; I hope not, there will definitely be a place for him here in another year or so.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I doubt it
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

He return to Wigan soon and will then be loaned to Huddersfield Giants for the rest of the season.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

MrDave wrote:He return to Wigan soon and will then be loaned to Huddersfield Giants for the rest of the season.
Good plan, if true.

Both Fielden & Feca are out of contract at the end of next year, we'll need him for one of those spots then, and in the meantime, the experience will do him good.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

GeoffN wrote:
MrDave wrote:He return to Wigan soon and will then be loaned to Huddersfield Giants for the rest of the season.
Good plan, if true.

Both Fielden & Feca are out of contract at the end of next year, we'll need him for one of those spots then, and in the meantime, the experience will do him good.
Feka we may keep (marketing ploy) leaving the fielden spot free (unless he makes 2 metres in a tackle). Fielden's contract will go to an enforcer or established forward. Prescott will stay if he continues his development leaving Ocarroll in the driving seat ahead of Mossop IMO. Time will tell.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
thomo

Post by thomo »

Is Mossop not a second row?

If he is a second row _ I feel he should stay there as we need some options in there and some size - Lockers,Hansen, are you worker horses , Tomkins is the real attacking/try threat - Gaz Hock your go to man and feel Mossop gives the option of playing a third prop in the second row for the up the middle rugby
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

thomo wrote:Is Mossop not a second row?

If he is a second row _ I feel he should stay there as we need some options in there and some size - Lockers,Hansen, are you worker horses , Tomkins is the real attacking/try threat - Gaz Hock your go to man and feel Mossop gives the option of playing a third prop in the second row for the up the middle rugby
He's played both positions for the reserves, but I understand he's playing at prop for Barrow now; he's certainly big enough, and I think it's his best position.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Wigan are grooming him as a prop forward. He'll come back a better player and be challenging for a place in the first team next year. We will aslo be in a position to accomodate him under the salary cap.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
thomo

Post by thomo »

Does he have the real size to be a superleague prop forward or would he not be best as a big second row?

We need proper props - not converted second rows.

I know we we are going off topic but I still don't feel O'carroll is big enough to be a super league prop despite his great efforts and Prescott could do with bulking up a little more (but still maintaining his speed and stamina)